Urologists, Pediatric Specialist
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
1935 Medical District Dr
Dallas, TX 75235
214-645-0600
Locations and availability (5)

|  Best doctor in the world for Hypospadias  |  show details
by Twinmom on Aug 20th, 2013

I had my sons hypospadias repaired by Dr Snodgras . I remember I did not find too many reviews for him at that time. He is excellent and the best in the world. My son had moderate hypospadias with opening midshaft and after surgery you can't tell that there was any issue. He looks completely normal . I was pleasantly surprised with the results. No complications with the surgery. I would highly recommend Sr Snodgras , he is absolutely the best.

|  Hyrdocele  |  show details
by VanessaL on Jun 18th, 2013

Our son was born with a hydrocele; therefore his Pediatrician referred us to local Urologist that examined both adults and children in Texarkana. When we took our son for his initial appointment he stated that he had a hydrocele hernia and would require surgery. He also stated that we would have to wait until he was 1yr before we could do any type of surgery, but whenever he returned for his 6 month recheck at the age of 8 months they were very anxious to do surgery. After experiencing this our pediatrician referred us to Dr. Snodgrass for a second opinion which we found out that his “Hyrdocele hernia” was in fact a Hydrocele, but it wasn’t a hernia they are two different things. Dr. Snodgrass also stated that the Hyrdocele would heal on its own and wouldn’t require surgery; he told us that it could take up to 3 years before it healed itself. My Husband and I were relieved that our son didn’t require surgery, but yet we were upset that the other urologist was very gun hole to do surgery. Dr. Snodgrass was very confident in his answers to our questions and knew exactly what the problem was and the fix for it, he was straight to the point and didn’t waste any time. As we examine the situation, we drove 420 miles round trip and cost us a night in a hotel, but it was worth everything to know that our son doesn’t have to be put to sleep to do a surgery on something that doesn’t require surgery. Thank You Dr. Snodgrass and that you to the friendly staff.

|  Hypospadias  |  show details
by Eric B. on Mar 3rd, 2013

From our research, we found Dr. Snodgrass. He invented the modern Hypospadias repair surgery. He works tirelessly to perfect and update it by making continual improvements. Google the "Snodgrass Procedure" or look up on pubmed how many studies site his work. His bedside manner is fine, but not his selling point. To others evaluating surgeons, don't go by bedside warmth--success in tricky surgeries comes from repetition and research. This man does more repairs than any of the people we interviewed. His results were great. He repaired my son's severe hypospadias, and we have had NO complications. He pees standing up, has a straight stream, and everything is straight. The usual outcome for severe hypospadias repair is complication after complication. We flew to Texas to see him, and would do it again.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

not too friendly. and doesnt care too much about what u have to say on the matter just wants to get his point across and move on. was shocked with his personality - since he came hghly recommended and traveled far too see him. not goig back there

|  WONDERFUL!  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

I brought my son to Dr. Snodgrass for a second opinion and was so pleased to have found him! He spent quite a bit of time with me explaining my son's condition. He did not recommend surgery - our first pediatric urologist did. I HIGHLY recommend him!

|  Condescending  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I took my stepson to see Dr. Snodgrass for what is referred to as 'hidden/buried penis'. His mother had let him get excessively overweight and I always assumed when he lost the weight it would appear, however when he came to live with us and lost weight it didn't, so I took him to the doctor and was referred to Dr. Snodgrass.I have 3 sons of my own so I knew an 9 yr. old boy should obviously have some sort of visible penis instead of it being buried in the 'fatpad'. Dr. Snodgrass came in with a female assistant and hurridly examined him...then he turned to his assistant and said "how many of these do we see a week?" and said it in a dismissive way that made me feel like I had wasted his time. I asked him a few questions such as did he think the doctor that circumcised him possibly took off too much skin and it caused it to retract etc...and each question I asked I felt like, based on his behavior, that the appointment was a waste of his time and he didn't want to be bothered. VERY bad 'bedside' manner with the personality of a rock.

|  my review of dr.snodgrass  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

he's a very good doctor!he don't spend very much time with you at visits but him and his staff are very nice!

|  Excellent and trustworthy doctor!  |  show details
by Cassandra Fletcher on Jul 26th, 2010

Dr. Snodgrass is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I know that many people drive from near and far to have their children see and be cared for by him. At first I felt like his bedside manner was a little less friendly during our first visit, however our second visit was much different. Maybe not the most super friendly/outgoing type, but he DOES care and he IS respectful of you, your family, and any questions you have... the staff is an incredible bunch and they make sure you and your child are comfortable. Dr. Snodgrass tells you how it is and doesn't sugar coat your diagnosis. He performed an orchiopexy surgery on my son and gave him a precious gift, a chance at a normal life. How lucky I feel that our family happened to live so close. I highly recommend this doctor. Thank you Dr. Snodgrass!

|  show details
Jun 6th, 2009

Excellent care! Would highly recommend.