Dr. Warren Strudwick Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Warren Strudwick Jr?

Posted on November 1st, 2015

visited Dr. Strudwick's office for a knee injury with images of my MRI results in hand. I was also greeted by his very friendly staff that made me feel quite welcome when I checked in. While patiently waiting for my name to be called, I was intrigued by the strategic layout of the sports memorabilia and artwork that added a tasteful touch to his office. After being called to see Dr. Strudwick himself, I must say he is the coolest and most assuring doctor that I've ever encountered. As he carefully studied the images of my MRI results he showed me what was going on with my knee (meniscus tear) and gave me an in depth explanation (both pluses and minuses) of what my options were as well as the corrective action that he would take. He also made sure that I understood him and was very clear on the best way to fix the problem and for me not to worry. I was very impressed with the interaction with Dr. Strudwick because never before have I felt comfortable about having surgery, and his high level of confidence ensured that feeling in me.  Three weeks prior to surgery I was referred  to Dr. Ferguson's office for a check-up and to ensure that I was fit for surgery. Dr. Ferguson was very informative and his staff was also friendly.  On the day before surgery I visited Dr. Strudwick's office again to pick up my prescription as I would need it for after surgery. Dr. Strudwick gave me the prescription himself, shook my hand and told me, "it's gonna be okay and I'll see you tomorrow." Once again I left his office feeling really good about having surgery.  DAY OF SURGERY: As I was being prepared for surgery by the nurse and waiting outside the surgery room the anesthesiologist walks over and introduced himself to me and said that he will be working with Dr. Strudwick. He  also spoke with me about what he will be doing in the process of the surgery and made sure I had a good level comfort. He asked if I had any questions and I did, so when I asked them he answered with confidence and I said, "great." A few minutes later Dr. Strudwick walks in and says to everyone, "let's get started!" Dr. Strudwick then approached me to check on my awareness and asked me, "what knee are you having surgery on today?" And I answered, "my right knee sir." Dr. Strudwick said, "okay" and used a felt marker to mark an X just above my right knee. Shortly after that, the surgery room was all set to go and I was told that they were ready for me. I was greeted by several assistants that were standing in a line as I entered the room. Also upon entering the room I heard a very nice song by the rap group Digital Underground playing from a radio that was properly positioned in the room. I have to say as my mind sunk into the groove of the music I was moving my head and walking to the beat as I shook the hands of his assistants all the way onto the operating table lol. And after I was on the table I was still moving my head and feet and saying to myself that "Dr. Strudwick is playing the beat!" After waking up from surgery the beat from the song was still playing in my head lol and I had an inner feeling that my surgery went fine and it did 😀.  THE FOLLOW UP: Later on that day in the early evening after my surgery I received a phone call from Dr. Strudwick regarding the concern for my well being. He explained the use of my prescriptions and asked if I was following my discharge instructions correctly. (That was so cool of him to check on me and I appreciated all of it) One week after my surgery I had my post-op visit and Dr. Strudwick examined my knee and said that it looked good and I did everything right. He then wrote me another prescription for a physical therapy facility that he recommended and wanted me to start right away which I did the following day.  CONCLUSION: If I could use all 26 letters in the alphabet and say positive words from A-Z, that's how I will rate Dr. Warren J. Strudwick, Jr., M.D.

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

Great Guy. Great Bedside Manner. Great Knowledge

Knee surgery

Posted on June 6th, 2013

If you need an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Strudwick is THE ONE!! He did such a remarkable job on the torn meniscus in my knee. I am ever grateful to Dr. Strudwick. I can now walk and go up & down stairs without pain! He did what a previous surgeon did not do. Dr. Strudwick knows his stuff and he really cares. He is awesome!

Caring, kind, professional

Posted on August 18th, 2012

Dr. Strudwick and his staff treated me with dignity and respect. They helped me heal after a debilitating car accident. I highly recommend Dr. Strudwick.

good medicine for knees

Posted on July 28th, 2010

In the overall field of orthopedic doctors, I believe Dr. Strudwick is at the top of the list. He is extremely well informed about the latest cutting edge medical options regarding osteoarthritic knees. His sports oriented practice is perfect for me as I want to heal and become active again. And, he is one of the few orthopedic surgeons I have visited (out of many) who exudes compassion and a gentle manner and seems to really listen to me. He has spent a lot of time and energy on my difficult case and I am very grateful for his treatment. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

No Bedside Manner

Posted on April 28th, 2010

Dr. Strudwick did surgery on my shoulder, and even though there was no fault with his work, I am still having pain, weakness, and an limited on daily activities. When trying to express the problems I am having, he takes what I say as a personal attack on his work as a doctor when it has nothing to do with that whatsoever. He should be trying to help the problem instead of being apart of the problem. Also, according to my medical record that he wrote, due to my injury I require pain medication. I finally ask for a prescription, and it has already been a week, and I have yet to be contacted and nothing has been called into the pharmacy. Even if it is a no, an answer would be nice. This is the first prescription I have asked for in quite some time, for which he states that I need, and every time I call, the receptionist tells me that the Doctor has not replied to his messages yet. Well, how long does it take?

knees

Posted on February 25th, 2009

Dr. Strudwick is a wonderful and caring doctor. He is up to date on new techniques, and continues to work with me regarding my knees. His mannerisms are kind and gentle, and his intelligence is incredible. I will continue to tell everyone I know about him.

Posted on October 12th, 2017