Dr. Warren Taranow DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 8th, 2015
Great Doctor
I fell and suffered a broken hip and multiple breaks in my wrist, both required surgery. I was fortunate that Dr. Taranow was the on call doctor. He repaired my hip (the easy job) and rebuilt my wrist, which was a huge challenge due the number of beaks in it.. My recovery has been nearly perfect thanks to his expertise. He expressed a genuine interest in my injuries and the follow up was great. I highly recommend him.

February 24th, 2015
Excellent doctor!! He really cares about each patient. He gave me great suggestions on how to process healing after foot surgery. I plan to have another surgery and would recommend him. The office wait is way too long.

February 19th, 2015
Dr. T. Amputeed my leg in Genesys hospital in 1997 due to diabetes great doctor

April 2nd, 2014
Absolutely the best!
Dr. Taranow was the 5th orthopedic surgeon I had seen over the course of three decades but the only one to explain the causes for increasingly painful osteoarthritis. During the very first consult, he accurately identified the location of the greatest pain—and he explained that the cause was not the ankle damage but the heel damage. Dr. Taranow listens, answers my questions, provides clear explanations of treatment options and potential outcomes (including complications). As a result of his surgical expertise, I have regained the ability to walk and hike and now live virtually pain free. He is an excellent surgeon and extraordinary and compassionate physician.

March 26th, 2014
Excellent
I had the best experience getting an ankle replacement, as well as other work done on my foot, by Dr. Taranow. From Dr T's own positive attitude and thorough explanations to the support staff in his office to the hospital experience and their wonderful care to the great PT (all through Peace Health) I had the best experience and am now walking and enjoying a better daily life just 5 months after surgery. I would recommend Dr Taranow to anyone who needed any kind of work done. He and his team are the BEST!! Thank you Dr T and staff! Although his office is very busy and sometimes I had to wait a bit between x-ray and the results, even that time was reasonable, and I was amazed at how well they coordinated things. I can't say enough good things about this entire experience from the first visits to figure out what my problems were to the check in after finishing my physical therapy.

August 10th, 2011
Torn Tendons and Torn Ligament
I feel extremely fortunate to have been sent in Dr. Taranow's direction. He performed surgery on me to fix two torn tendons and a torn ligament. Fantastic surgeon who clearly cares and is excited about and dedicated to his work. Awesome surgeon who keeps in mind the fine details and his follow-ups are thorough and just as detailed. ---- You would be as fortunate as I was to have Dr. Taranow perform your surgery if you require ankle "fixes." The man is a genius and an artist with the knife! 10+ rating on a 0-10 scale.