Dr. Warren Webb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 10th, 2012
Yikes. If I wanted bad parenting advice, I'd go to my family and get it for free.
This was the most uncomfortable medical of my life, I simpy cannot believe how disgusted I was with this doctor.I ended up in this mans office because the nursing staff failed to tell me that the regular pediatrian we see was out of the office with illness. That should have been my queue to leave, but I felt my baby still needed attention. Huge mistake, never again. The man, without me provoking, started telling me how to wean my daughter.I told him I wasn't interested, as the AAP recommends a MINIMUM of one year, and the WHO even recommends two, and he still continued, telling me how he and his wife wean - they dump the kids off with family members for a few days.Great parenting advice, only it's terrible, unwarranted and unwanted. I continued to tell him it was unnecessary and I wouldn't wean my daughter in that manner, but it was like pulling teeth. If weaning as young as my child were necessary, the WHO and AAP would state so, and her regular ped would have told me so, along with the numerous parenting books.In other news, my child weaned on their own; no temporary abandonment with my in-laws hating me was ever necessary. If you are a nursing mother (or plan to be) who actually wants to follow the AAP and WHO standards then please do yourself a favor and do not see this man, as my experience was one of the least helpful and if I had been a brand new mother it would have been very discouraging.