Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Pediatrician

by Kathy on Apr 24th, 2016

My son underwent a surgical resection for infantile spasms in 1992 and then again in 1994. Kris didn't respond as we all hoped - especially me. But, I couldn't say enough for the kindness, motivation to heal and general generosity of spirit of Dr Peacock and his whole team (Don Shields, Sue Yudovin). Though it didn't work out for Kris, if you are with Dr. Peacock, you are in wonderful hands. Thank you Dr. Peacock.

So kind, understanding and brillant show details So kind, understanding and brillant
by Carla, Porter's Mom on Apr 7th, 2016

He performed a corpus callosotmy on my son in 1997 at UCSF. We had hoped it would limit his seizures. 3 days after surgery my son had secondary generalized grand mal. I was so disappointed. Dr Peacock took time out to sit with me and was just very empathetic. If your child requires brain surgery HE IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
Jul 18th, 2012

Wonderful treatment. Spot on DX. Bedside manner impeccable. Warm and generous with his time.

Dec 18th, 2010

Dr. Peacock treated our son, who was then 11 years old, in 1996. Our son was diagnosed with an unusual scoliosis condition which required two surgeries, first to release a tethered spinal cord and then to fuse two vertebrae in his lower back. Dr. Peacock performed the surgery to release the tethered spinal cord at UCLA in the spring of 1996. Thereafter we had the spinal fusion surgery done at UC San Francisco. That surgery was less than successful in that our son was afflicted with tremendous leg pain. When UC San Francisco did not give this problem the attention it deserved and needed, we were left without a medical option there. We went back to Dr. Peacock. He found us a highly qualified orthopedic surgeon at UCLA who correctly diagnosed the problem stemming from the spine fusion. Our son had a third operation to fix the problem and became well again within about 2 months after that. Dr. Peacock literally saved our son-he was kind, vigilant, took our calls at any time of the day or night, met us at the emergency room and relentlessly sought out the answers to our son's complications from the spinal fusion surgery. He is a magnificent physician and, if it is possible, an even better human being.

Mrs Muller show details Mrs Muller
by Linda Muller on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr Peacock operated(selective Rhyzotomy) on my 2 yr old spastic twin sons at the Red Cross Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa in the early 80's. The twins are now 30 years old & very mobile, living their own lives & driving specially adapted cars.He is the most awesome surgeon & made us feel very confident with his then new opearting procedure.His bedside manner is very caring & we feel extremely grateful & blessed that he was available to us at a time in our childrens lives when there were not many options available to get our twins mobile.Our greetings & best wishes are extended to Dr Peacock