A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Waseem Akhter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Waseem Akhter, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Brain Hypoxia
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhter graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Akhter has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
- Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akhter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Waseem Akhter practice?
Dr. Waseem Akhter practices Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA.
See Allentown Pediatricians.