Dr. Waseem Alam MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 26th, 2016
Dr. Alam
There should be more dr.so like him ,friendly ,passionate and spends time to explain the diagnosis in patients language instead of dr. Terms.when the dr.so are nice it seems your illness disappears quicker.I just love dr. Alam

January 15th, 2016
Dr. Alam has always been a very compassionate and caring Doctor especially for my disease he has been my doctor PCP for the past 12 to 13 years

October 10th, 2014
Under attending and overbilling
I didn't choose Doctor Alam. He was assigned to me when I had to go to the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital in Pontiac. The cause was severe rectal bleeding. Doctor Alam assigned another physician, a Doctor Baluch, who happens to have the same address to diagnose me. When it was determined that I had colorectal cancer, Dr. Baluch said he was going to perform surgery in two days. My husband objected, asking why no oncologist was involved. At that point, I saw Doctor Alam for the first time. He assured me everything was okay. Later that day an oncologist stopped by my room, but he was unfamiliar with my case and had little to say. I saw Doctor Alam one more time. My husband arranged for an appointment with a surgical oncologist at Karmanos Cancer Center and asked that I be discharged. On the day I was due to be discharged, Dr. Alam was nowhere to be found. Eventually a nurse located him and he okayed my release by phone. He billed me and the insurance company for five visits with "moderately complex procedures," including a discharge visit.

July 2nd, 2012
FMLA paperwork
I had difficulty getting anyone to answer the phone and had to miss two days of work because I couldn't get a return to work note. I also had difficulty getting the office to complete my FMLA paperwork.

November 3rd, 2010
A little disappointed. He came into my hospital room a total of 3 times during my 3 day stay and did nothing, that I could see, other than listen to my breathing and heart. He charged the insurance company an outrageous amount of money for what he did.

March 12th, 2009
Dr. Alam cared for my mother over several months as she developed one complication after another. I believe he saved her life when EMS had to reroute her to another hospital in town. He arranged to have her transferred to St. Joseph as quickly as a bed was available where he had staff waiting to work on her. She would not have made it at the other hospital. :( He took my cell calls and answered our questions, was always positive and brought her through a rough time.

May 27th, 2017