Dr. Way Yin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2017
Extremely off-putting personality
I am thick skinned and can tolerate an abrasive, blunt conversation. However, Dr. Yin was somarrogant, condescending, and dismissive during my appointment with him that I wasI shocked silent. I have never encountered a doctor like him and hope I never will again. I tried to weigh my dislike for him against the possibility that he might actually be able to help me. After much thought I realized I could not trust him. I need more from a doctor than he was willing to offer.

April 30th, 2017
****Avoid Dr. Way Yin!**** I am new to Bellingham & was not aware of Dr. Yin's bad reputation. Dr. Yin also goes by Bellingham Spine Pain Specialists, & Interventional Medical Associates of Bellingham
Enthusiastically referred to Dr. Way Yin for basic treatment (injection) by Pamela D Laughlin, MD of Peace Health, who assured us (I had witness sit in on both appointments - Dr. Laughlin & Dr. Way Yin) as an anesthesiologist, Dr. Yin would easily handle. Yin has an official tie in w/Peace Health ~ beware. Prior to my February 2017 appointment w/Yin, I clarified in 3 separate phone calls to Dr. Yin's Office that he does provide x injection (as I've been successfully treated w/such for 2 years). Dr. Yin staff assured me he did. Sole reason to seek an appointment w/Dr. Yin was for this service. On day of appointment staff was friendly but confused. An assistant (friendly, very young, w/noticeably less knowledge than a CNA) handled our intake. This took 45 min. I had to spell basic words and standard medical terminology. Dr. Yin finally entered acting as if we had kept him waiting (?!). He pitched mystery procedures he would not explain in detail nor specifics. Broad brush used car/snake oil salesman tactics. Like another reviewer here stated - I had an identical experience as far as Dr. Yin's shocking arrogance, rudeness, extensive self promotion, etc. - we were emotionally & mentally beaten down VERBALLY by him. Dr. Yin clearly had no intention of administering the standard injection (at following appointment). Yin refused to book another appointment to provide me service, going so far as to pull receptionist aside infront of us, while attempting to schedule said injection appointment - Yin audibly instructed receptionist not to schedule. Horrifying behavior and experience in total. Dr. Way Yin holds himself out to be a highly esteemed medical doctor who, one assumes, has taken the Hippocratic Oath. A month and a half went by. No call no bill ~ although I wouldn't have gone back. Thought Dr. Way Yin had realized the error of his ways and wisely moved on. Nope. Dr. Yin sent me a statement dated 4/26/17 for $450. After he was grieved to my insurance co in response to an initial bill two weeks earlier. I've not seen a reputable organization include bold faced LIES on grievances - as Dr. Yin did. To be continued...

September 10th, 2015
Very rude

July 31st, 2015
EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, PAINFUL AND INEFFECTIVE!
After an unsuccessful cervical fusion, and gobs of useless therapies and drugs, I resorted to “pain management” by Dr. Yin. Each treatment consisted of 3 sets of needles, which created a whole new layer of pain on top of what I already had. It would take about a week to ease, just in time for the next round of “treatment”. After 3 sessions, I had no improvement and was worse in a way. Dr. Yin is a tyrant with a poor attitude towards his cash-cow patients, although staff was very good. I would never recommend him. Even with having insurance, it was outrageously expensive and a waste of time and money!

July 29th, 2015
Wonderful treatment...

February 14th, 2015
Very arrogant doctor; I would never go to him again, and would wave off ANY person who wants to see him. Two MD friends have seen him and have called him names I'm too polite to repeat. He is a money-maker.

August 26th, 2013
I came to Dr Yin feeling very hopeful, having heard that he is the best in his field, and left feeling disrespected & disappointed. I was warned that his bedside manner could be a bit abrasive (a trait I thought was tolerable if he could help with my pain) but did not expect the experience to be as negative as it was. The receptionist was very friendly & competent. Of the two nurses checking me in, one was personable (had just started in the clinic recently) and the other was sharp-spoken & cold. Both seemed very nervous about upsetting the doctor. Before the Dr entered, I overheard him chewing out one of his staff members for a question she had asked. The doctor himself seemed nice enough when he first walked in, with a large smile and prepared speech. However, when I tried to ask questions he became agitated and very short with me. He made several degrading comments and instead of offering more details to answer my questions, he would simply restate portions of his "speech". During exam he would ask "would you rather" sorts of questions in regards to pain relief. My answer was not the option A or B that he had given me, but instead C, and he was extremely irritated at that. By the end of the appointment I was afraid to ask questions, felt nervous about the procedure, and had fallen silent so that I didn't burst into angry tears. Despite Dr Yin being an expert in his field, I will not return to him. No one deserves such treatment.

June 28th, 2013
Dr. Yin has made it possible for me to be able to enjoy my life again. Though I will never be able to return to the active, working life I once had, Dr. Yin's spine treatments have eliminated the chronic pain I previously suffered, thus helping me return to more normal sleep patterns, and incur less overall stress. Of equal importance is that his medical techniques have enabled me to forego surgery. I highly recommend him, and think very highly of his entire staff.

June 21st, 2013
Reads from a script
This doctor did not listen to me, did not examine the affected area, and recited a memorized script, word-for-word (I have a copy of the script and every phrase was the same). When I tried to ask questions, interrupting the recitation, he reacted dismissively.

September 28th, 2012
I have the highest regard for Dr. Yin and his clinical staff. They are simply the best. I am afraid that patient's must steel themselves for encounters with the financial mgr, who is rude to the point of hostility, even when you are trying to pay your bill in full. Try to avoid her if possible.

June 11th, 2012
The best care!
I would not be working (or walking!) if it were not for Dr. Yin.

March 14th, 2011
He is trying hard to help me.
I know that he wants to help me with my problem and is also trying to avoid sending me to have spinal surgery. that is a good thing.