Neurological Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon
801 MacArthur Blvd
Ste 405
Munster, IN 46321
219-836-5167
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  I owe my ability to walk to him  |  show details
by Hugh W on Apr 23rd, 2013

I have nothing but gratitude for all that Dr Kaakaji and his staff have done for me. He was warm, kind, informative, and amazing to me and my family. I never felt like he was "too busy" or rushing me. He answered all my questions thoroughly and patiently. I've had a great outcome from my surgery and owe him my quality of life.

|  What happened to your hippocratic oath?????  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2013

First his staff had attitude just because I didn't have insurance. Then when they found out I was currently unemployed it became a joke to them. Whatever happened to thinking more about the welfare of a person's body then the mighty, mighty dollar? I waited more than a half hour and when he did see me it was for less than 5 minutes. He was definitely less than friendly, and he offered no extra information. He totally discredited my injuries, telling me they were from long ago when I was young and nothing was wrong with me I just needed physical therapy. He had 2 med students with him and he totally embarrassed me in front of them. He better start praying that the scans I had done 2 years ago show these injuries he claims I had years ago or he will be facing a lawsuit! If I had insurance I bet he would have told me I needed surgery and they needed to do it right away...People beware!!

|  Lousy communication and follow up care.  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

I had to call six times over an eight day period. I was always told someone would call me back and no one ever did. All someone had to do was call me and say the doctor wasn't in. He was out of the office for a week and they didn't bother to tell me. Lousy people. Very poor character.

|  What a wonderful experience  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

I was in a car acciedent, and I am still in pain 6 months later. I have seen one other neurologist, and was unsure as to the direction my healing was going. I decided to seek a second opinion. Dr. Kaakaji was kind, caring, informative, and spent a great deal of time talking to me about what hurt, what I needed, what he thought, and what needed to be done to get answers. He was very sensitive to my needs, as a patient. I appreciated the fact that he made me feel comfortable, and I felt like I was being heard.