Dr. Wayne Brunell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

January 27th, 2013
I would recommend to anyone. Changed my life.

December 17th, 2011
A disturbing experience
I saw Dr. Brunell for a year, basically because I could not find another psychiatrist. I found him condescending, inflexible, inpatient, unable to listen to me and hostile at times. I found him overly pathologizing and would leave visits feeling like there was something wrong with me. He lacks social skills and empathy. I would not recommend him.

November 25th, 2011
Nice but too many visits and not polite
He does not ask how you are doing when you enter the office nor does his secretary. (For me, please, thank you, and how are you are very important for me- even if you are on auto pilot). He also did not wish me a happy holiday (around the holiday season) after I had wished him a happy holiday twice as I was leaving. This did NOT make me feel like a person.I submitted my tests confirming a diagnosis (A 4000$ test with 8 hours of intense testing as well as a 25 page document report of this) which he ENTIRELY dismissed. Instead, he performed an 'evaluation' on me for the first 3 sessions and took 20 minutes out of one of our sessions to 'confirm' my diagnosis by reading the report (which was given the first day).Also, he always ends our sessions about 5 minutes earlier than they are expected to. When insurances are being billed so much, I feel like that I should be getting this quality of care.I would highly recommend another doctor.

October 24th, 2011
Needs answers in stock form-- won't let me just tell him things. I never feel like he's actually listening to me to listen-- more like he's listening for key words.