Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  MS patient  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Wayne Downs is a typical doctor these days who is only interested in slinging medications at patients instead of exploring any other options. Like most in the healthcare field these days, Wayne Downs isn't interested in helping patients get any better, instead the focus seems to be keeping people sick while religiously taking a bunch of meds throughout each day. Dr. Downs has also been convinced (probably by the pharmaceutical reps) that no complementary therapy will do anything for you because "there have not been clinical trials on them". Unfortunately, every one of the fda approved treatments prescribed by downs have failed miserably leaving me in a wheelchair. I feel like Dr. Downs lack of personal interest in the wellbeing of patients has led me into a very bad place that could have had a different outcome had my primary neurologist had a genuine interest in my wellbeing or any interest in keeping me from becoming extremely disabled in only a few years.

|  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Wayne is an AWESOME doctor who cares about his patients and what is going on in all aspects of our life. Office staff is great and they do their best to make the best appt times for you based on your schedule. A definite KUDOS to them for taking care of me with my seizures and my stimulator!!!

|  Wish he would explore more treatment options.  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2013

Overall, I like Dr. Downs. He is a relatively personable guy and doesn't hurry you through your appt. as some providers do. He does tend to whine a bit about how busy he is etc. which may be offensive to some patients who may be having a harder time with their lives in general. I find him to be cautious with most things which I find to be a good quality in a provider. All to often providers are chomping at the bit to use you as a guinea pig for the newest meds, Dr Downs is not that provider. I also feel that he is honest in his suggestions when asked. Dr. Downs, like most providers these days, is not very timely and I usually wait for at least 30 (many times 45-1hr.) minutes after my appt. time. This seems to be par for the course in todays medical industry which is unfortunate. There is also no follow up and I routinely need to call the office for test results etc. (also seems to be the norm these days). Overall, I would recommend Dr Downs for anyone needing neurological care in Anchorage.

|  Best Brain Doc  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Downs is a godsend. After two other doctors failed to be able to get my seizures under control he was able to. He is very friendly and will offer suggestions. Would recommend him time and time again.

|  Had to fire him  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

Misdiagnosis and very unprofessional manner. Whining to patients and conducting appointments with his head on the desk? Was a very expensive and painful debacle, would not send anyone to him ever.

|  Caring Professional  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. Wayne Downs has done an excellent job diagnosing and treating my neurological issues. He always has time to talk and answer questions!

|  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Downs is a very attentive doctor. He really involves me in my care as opposed to just doing what he wants without my understanding the situation. He has neurologic issues of his own which might lead others to think that he is rude but in truth he is a very kind and concerned man.

|  Down With Downs  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

This doctor will make a diagnoses without referring to medical records or performing a single test. He treats his patients like he's better than them and he has absolutely no bedside manner. If your asked to have tests performed by your place of employment your diagnosis will surly be based on whose paying. During this appointment he asked for the medical records, then he was asked "can't you access them electronically" he very rudely replied "no". After a few minutes of conversation he rendered a diagnosis without referring to any medical records or performing a single neurological test. In my opinion this doctor has no interest in the patient only the paycheck.