Dr. Wayne Enns Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wayne Enns?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 14th, 2015

Dr. Wayne Enns - Smarter than you are

He has been my Dr for over 20 years. Bad doctors can often hide behind good personalities. He has had me on close to a dozen antidepressants throughout our time together against my wishes. I trusted him though because doctors are supposed to know what they are doing. I never felt any more depressed than I would think any normal person feels occasionally. All they ever did was make me feel weird or numb; I would tell him and he would just put me on another. Finally he told me that my problems with these drugs were in my head because they work for everyone else!! So I spent years being miserable from all the pills. He would always want to add something else on most visits. Enough is enough. I started doing my own research on reputable web sites and found that not only was he being reckless with me as a patient but that there were serious side effects and interactions that he either wasn't aware of or just didn't mention. I have even confronted him about some meds and showed him how little he knew by bringing documentation in from medical journals and such. He called me a know it all and asked why I needed him since I was smarter than a doctor. Anyone who will blindly accept anything that their doctor says as gospel is asking for trouble. Learn from my mistake. Today was the final straw when he told me that my problem was that I was too negative because I told him about another documented interaction on yet another drug he was trying to prescribe me. I am not even 40 and at one time I was taking 16 different pills a day! He had basically quit listening to me because he apparently believes that his patients should blindly follow his directions. I wast ruins to tell him about strained back muscles I had and he cut me off before I could go into any detail and told me he was prescribing meloxicam for arthritis pain because I was just getting old. His words! He said it was a safe drug that only had a small chance of causing heart problems! Uhhhh OK. I was done at that point. He is a very popular doctor but that doesn't mean that he is a good one. A lot of you may love him but facts are facts. He is a pill pusher bottom line. I am pretty sure the amount of benzos and hydrocodone and phentynol and sleeping pills and tranquilizers etc that he has my mom on has to be borderline illegal. She barely functions anymore. FYI I heard it from a nurse where he works that he is under review and has been for a while for overprescribing. I googled him and found that on average he prescribes almost twice as many drugs to his patients as other doctors per national average among other things. Look it up for yourself. I wrote this not in anger but as a warning. Never be afraid to question your doctor's actions. If they take an issue with it then you should probably find a new doctor. BTW the support staff has always been great.

August 19th, 2016