Dr. Wayne Gersoff MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Denver, CO

3.6

September 2nd, 2016
Chondromalacia Arthroscopy
Extremely personable, willing to spend time explaining all the options, etc. I suspect his skill level and experience is at or near the top.

March 11th, 2016
LIFE SAVER!
First off, Dr. Wayne Gersoff is one of the most skilled surgeons in his field, he is also kind, PATIENT, attentive, knowledge, ETHICAL, he is head and shoulders above ANY doctor that I have ever dealt with, listens, but actually listens, so as to diagnose properly and come up with a game plan with options for you to choose from, ( he even wrote in that I am able to get a transplant surgery if this one does not turn out how I would prefer ). Follow up appointments are thorough, this man is a PROFESSIONAL in every sense of the word and everything you would think a doctor SHOULD be, INTEGRITY would be the word I would choose to describe as a theme for this man, his main objective is to be the best at what he is and what he does, he did not rush me or pressure me into ANYTHING, furthermore, he is smart - since the injuries, I had some ongoing problems and symptoms that my other doctors were ignoring, I felt like I had a couple of mini strokes or something along those lines - BUT..., AFTER mentioning my symptoms to Dr. Gersoff, he IMMEDIATELY sent me for an ultrasound that resulted in a trip to the emergency room for treatment for blood clots -- IF IT WEREN'T FOR DR. GERSOFF'S INTERVENTION, - I WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW!! I had been having those issues for MONTHS, and until speaking with Dr. Gersoff, I had NO hope. THANK GOD FOR YOU DR. GERSOFF!!!!!!!!!! AND, THANK YOU!! BTW, very clean scar. (Fresh now, but looks like it may disappear completely after a while) also his scheduler -Shamika was integral with helping get procedures and appointments approved the less than enthusiastic workman's comp company. She helped me so much. I would put my email address for anyone to reference as far as any questions they might have, but I don't think they would publish this review if I did, ANYHOW, this is the only review I have written for anyone or anything. you CAN trust Dr. Gersoff!

July 16th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Gersoff is amazing! I was referred to him after 2 attempts to fix my knee. Dr. Gersoff is kind, patient, and an excellent surgeon. He took very good care of me and I feel better than I have felt in a very long time. The office staff was very friendly and with regards to appointments, they were quite accommodating to my schedule.

July 11th, 2013
He listened to me, reviewed my scans, and fixed my shoulder and it works like it did before. thanks Dr. Gersoff!

May 2nd, 2013
Doctor Gersoff is a great doctor and I appreciate his concern for his patients.

May 30th, 2012
Skilled surgeon, excellent doctor
This is one of the best Orthos around. I'm only 40 years old and had a cadaver transplant of tibia plateau, meniscus, femur plugs and screws. I had (3) opinions and was referred to him by a doctor from Scottsdale. Dr. Gersoff is one of the most skilled surgeons in this country. I completely trust him and he does take the time to explain all procedures. He didn't push me to cut. I even turned down my first match. He was very caring and told me to wait until I was ready. After 3 weeks post-op, I'm healing ahead of schedule and feel better than my last surgery (scope and menisectomy). I would recommend Gersoff to anyone. Trust him. His office is not staffed with the most pleasant folks but what is more important? I'll take feeling like a number any day if the surgeon is right for the job.

February 18th, 2012
After seeing the Dr. and being advised surgery to "clean up" my knee, I went with his advice. He completely misled me and miss-diagnosed my knee. First, his staff assured me my insurance covered the entire cost, minus $800. I am now $4,000 into a surgery I probably did not need. Gersoff was at least 1 hour late to ALL (except surgery) my appointments and did not even show up to my post op appointment. I'm trying to make this short, but his bedside manor is so bad and his staff rude that I can't even believe it. I thought I was having a routine scope, and I am way worse off than I was before. Zero post operation follow up, ZERO! Gersoff actually told me I have arthritis now. I am getting a 2nd opinion and when I called for my records they directed me to Shameka, his assistant that I spoke to several times and she did not even ask how I was doing, if I felt ok, nothing except they will release my records. I believe Gersoff will cut on anyone for money. TERRIBLE experience, I would NEVER recommend Dr. Wayne Gersoff to anyone under any circumstances.

March 3rd, 2011
Great before surgery Ignores you afterwards even w post op infection
This Dr. was very friendly, helpful and informative prior to my surgery. After the surgery, when I had a fever for days, he would NOT return my calls after repeated attempts. He never showed up when I was admitted to the hospital for post op infection and I could only get through to his associalts. VERY POOR followup care. He cares about getting the surgery and then he is DONE. VERY nice offices and it shows by how much he is raking in by doing surgeries, requesting followup visits in which he barely spends a couple of minutes and moves onto the next patient that can make him some money. I used to work for 3 surgeons and was impressed at first and appalled by his lack of response when I had a post op infection. He also misrepresented the healing time and results. I would NEVER go to this doctor again or recommend him to anyone. He was completely negligent when it came to returning calls when I had a fever after returning home (in which they tell you to call immediately) and when I went to the nearest hospital, that then sent me to another since he wouldn't get back to me. I was an inpatient for several days with NO visit/call or input from Dr. Gersoff. Would you want to go to this doctor? I hope not.

August 30th, 2010
I saw Dr. Gersoff a couple of times and he rushed into surgery without looking to see what was really wrong. I had complications after and was worse off than before I had surgery. I saw a different orthopedic surgeon when two different PTs told me Dr. Gersoff is lying to me about my problem. Had Dr. Gersoff tried to fix my problem after surgery it would not have permanently damaged my tendon. I did go to another surgeon, but he said there wasn't much he could do since the damage was now permanent. I found out later one of my co-workers saw Dr. Gersoff and after several failed surgeries ended up worse than me. I did some searching and found the state medical board had admonished him over a similar case as my co-workers. If you want to read for yourself it is on the State of colorado DORA website.

August 2nd, 2010
Good Surgeon, Difficult office
I have had two arthroscopic knee surgeries with Dr. Gersoff that turned out just fine! Dealing withe the office, booking,and waiting - YOU ARE DEFINITELY A NUMBER< and it is a factory. Once you finally make it back to an actual DR, you are in good hands.

June 25th, 2010
I have known Dr Gersoff for over 10 years. I have had both knee's scoped a couple of times & the carticel replacement by Dr Gersoff. He has also operated on my wife's knee's twice. My shoulder's started giving me problems & I went to see him and had rotator cuff surgeries also performed by Dr. Gersoff. Before I met him I had other ortopedic surgeries that went ok but when it comes to knowlege, concern & caring their is no one like Dr Gersoff. when it comes to knee's or shoulders in my personal opinion he is the best orthopedic doctor in the state