Dr. Wayne Mortensen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wayne Mortensen?

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Wayne Mortensen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 12th, 2015

ACL Repair

Dr. Mortensen is a great surgeon. My daughter plays soccer and tore her ACL. Her knee did not swell and although sore she could walk. We took her to another Dr who said it was probably just a sprain and to rest, ice, and work on range of motion for two weeks. Two weeks later her pain was a little better and I decided to call Dr Mortensen's office. A sports medicine Dr in his office didn't really think it was ACL but agreed to do an MRI. She had MRI next day with appointment immediately after. Her ACL was completely torn! He asked Dr Mortensen if he could look at her and squeeze her into his schedule. They took us to a different room Dr Mortensen's side of office. He was in our room within five minutes. Before he looked at the film from MRI he examined her and could tell that it was her ACL right away. He then looked at the images with us and showed us where the tear was and operated the next Friday. After surgery he came out and talked to me husband and I about the repair, what exactly he did, plans for rehab. He told us that knowing what she wants to do and the high level she plays at he doubled her graft , he repaired her meniscus instead of taking it out. He repaired the ALL ligament as well. She is back to playing soccer and feels great. She has taken blows to that leg which gives me a heart attack every time but has had no issues. Three weeks ago tore her opposite leg ACL. Same story as first but there was no question where we would go to have that repaired. Surgery was three days ago he did exact same repair minus the meniscus because that was not torn this time.

July 18th, 2012

Great Dr!

I completely dislocated my shoulder and tore my entire labrum off! Dr. Mortensen was great at explaining my options and what to expect. I had to have 11 anchors put in to re-attach it and he did an amazing job. Shoulder is feeling great! I would highly recommend Dr Mortensen to anyone!

June 12th, 2009

Great

He is one of the finest surgeons in Utah. And I've had a lot of them work on my legs and hip

May 13th, 2009

Good, but not the best

I had surgery from him. No serious complaints. He does seem to be in a bit of a hurry, though. I wouldn't recommend him for anything but obvious orthopedic problems. He doesn't take the time to explore more ambiguous issues.

June 30th, 2017