A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Wayne Schwesinger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Wayne Schwesinger, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Intestinal Perforation
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwesinger graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Schwesinger has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwesinger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Wayne H. Schwesinger practice?
Dr. Wayne Schwesinger practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.