A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Wayne Schwesinger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schwesinger
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schwesinger Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Wayne Schwesinger, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Intestinal Perforation
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwesinger graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schwesinger has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Wayne Schwesinger MD is a male Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Wayne Schwesinger practice?
- Dr. Wayne Schwesinger has 4 office locations.
Dr. Wayne Schwesinger practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.