Dr. Wayne Villanueva MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 7th, 2015
Dr. V is a wonderful doctor.

July 25th, 2014
Very bad care.
I waited for over two and a half hours He seemed very dis-intersted in my case stating my pain was generated from my L5. That was funny because all my other MRI's over the years always said th same thing, L4 and 5 are compressed, and my S1 bulges.I don't think he even read my MRI, nor, my comprehensive five page detailing of my history and, where my true pain was, IN MY LEGS, NOT MY BACK. I assumed he had done all this, and, turned me over to Commonwealth Pain Management Clinic, along with the purfunctory physical therapy. When I finally got to the pain management (which was a big srew up from his office) the doctor told me from reading my MRI, there was nothing he could do for me and my legs. HE said we could do the ficette injections, but they wouldn't work How crazy is that?? They just want your money . Good bye to $80.00 and no direction. I'm cutting to the chase and going to go out of state to get real medical help. Hope this helps you make a good decision to find the proper medical care, and docotors that care and take their time with you.

July 22nd, 2014
COLD HEARTED
I have been seeing this dr and his entire group for over a year now ( not by choice, insurance limits). My first surgery was butchered thanks to him and he cost me more than he knows from a mis read MRI. My second surgery was also terrible. The entire staff/ office make it very evident they do not care about you as a patient or your everyday pain OR the reprocutions of their actions and decisions. I would never recommend dr.v , tudor or seifert. They may play nice to your face but once they get you under the knife.... they truly dont care.

April 28th, 2014
So thankful for Dr. V!
After suffering for almost 3 years of sciatic pain, and trying everything else...including microsurgery....I had lower back surgery (laminectomy, fusion) by Dr. V. It was a miracle. Recovery was tough, but his office was caring and attentive to my phone calls and visits. The worst part is waiting: whether it be to obtain your first appointment or when you see him for follow-ups. But he never rushes through. He truly cares. I highly recommend him.

November 23rd, 2013
Unhappy!
I had a lot of complications after my surgery. I was discharged while hemorraging and with a fever . I had to be re-admitted to hospital within 24 hours of discharge. I returned to work after about two months of recovery and was terminated as a patient by the Dr. After a $230.00 dispute over a bill, that was paid. I was shocked, angry because I thought this Dr. Had more integrity!

October 17th, 2013
Excellent surgeon!
Dr. Villanueva is the best neurosurgeon in the area! He took excellent care of me and my husband. He performed complicated neurosurgery on both of us with excellent results. I was anxious about complications, but he reassured me he knew what he was doing. His office staff, physicians assistant, and NP are so patient and skilled. His practice was a lifesaver for both of us!

July 10th, 2013
Literally a life saver!
Dr. V saved my life. He removed a brain tumor around my brain stem. Long road of healing but I'm here and doing fine. What else can you say?

March 30th, 2013
Back surgery
I had a microdiscetomy on Friday with Dr. Villanueva. After being in pain for well over a year he was the first person to tell me exactly what was happening with my back and how to fix it. He spent a lot of time with me, gave me an explanation I could actually understand and put me at ease right away. The surgery went well and it's amazing how much better I feel already. Although it took me six weeks to have my first consultation, I was scheduled for surgery that next Friday. I would highly recommend scheduling an appointment to see Dr. V if you are having back pain. It may take awhile to get in to see him, but it is well worth the wait. His reputation is of one of the best neurosurgeons in Louisville and I concur. Thanks Dr. V

February 10th, 2009
Dr.V is a great doctor...I put my life in his and God's hands