Dr. Wayne Woo MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 6 reviews

February 15th, 2014
This doctor was not thorough in explaining: the diagnosis of thyroid disease, the purpose of the testing, the purpose of radiation, the lasting effects of the radiation, the fact that this treatment was permanent. The doctors spends less than two minutes in the room and does not talk to or listen to the patient. No alternatives were given at the onset although later I found out that there were other options. The intern seemed to be better at trying to explain than Dr. Woo. The staff is very friendly and courteous.

November 6th, 2012
Heidi Pierags
My sugar increased I heard about Dr. Woo came to Dr. Woo and he taught me how to shop for healthy food. Took me off all my insulin, then put me on Byetta. The Byetta made me lose 27 lbs. Now I exercise 3 or 4 times a week. I am now aware of taking care of myself watching my blood glucose levels 3 times a day and stay between 6.1 and 6.5 on my A1c. I am glad to have contacted Dr. Woo because he has made a change in my life. I am more healthier now.

July 11th, 2012
I went to this Dr and was unaware that had diabetes. Once he diagnosed me he opened the door and announced loudley she has diabetes as if he had won a prize. Not very professional at all.

May 2nd, 2012
I am still waiting on test results 3 weeks .

October 7th, 2011
Saved
Upon first going to Dr. Woo, I don't think I could have felt much worse; in fact, I told my husband I feared I was slowly dying. Dr. Woo first ran tests, set me down, threw away all the medications I had been taking and we started completely fresh. I lost nearly 50 pounds and began a regiment that turned my life around. At the Institute, he requires attendance to an occasional evening whereupon he discusses diabetes and shares a diabetic healthy meal that he and his WIFE have prepared. I had been warned that if you don't follow his regiment that he will dismiss you as a patient because he can't help you if you are unwilling to follow his instructions. His staff is fantastic and I certainly wish that I was still under his care as I have moved from MS. He is excellent but you must DO as he directs. :)

August 27th, 2009
Outstanding educator
Dr. Wayne Woo is an outstanding educator for diabetic patients. He has developed a six module PowerPoint presentation which he uses to give a series of education sessions in the evening, after patient hours. Each of his patients is required to attend all six of the modules in his education course. He spends two to two and an half hours on each session, including dinner with the course, and has many approaches to involving the patients in their own education. Q&A games, with prizes, encourage everyone to pay close attention. I don't know of another doctor in any specialty who does this much for his patients.