Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Central Sacramento
95 Scripps Dr
Sacramento, CA 95825
916-929-1833
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Breast Augmentation  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2014

I saw Dr. Yamahata for breast augmentation surgery. From the consultation through the post-op appointments, the office staff and Doctor were courteous, professional and prompt. I was always seen on time and all of my questions and concerns were addressed with kindness and professionalism. My breasts look great and are exactly what I pictured. The "picking out" process wasn't what I expected but Dr. Yamahata listened to what I wanted and delivered perfectly. I recommend him without hesitation!!

|  SURGERY  |  show details
by Patient on Dec 6th, 2013

I have had more than one procedure done by Dr. Yamahata including a facelift and eyelid surgery. I return to him because I've been completely satisfied with the results each time. The most important part to me is my health and safety and knowing that I will be taken care of during and after surgery and that's how I feel under his care.

Nov 2nd, 2013

MY FACELIFT IS PERFECT :))

|  Beautiful outcome on my surgery, Thank you Dr. Yamahata  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

I am 6 weeks post op breast augmentation, my experience with Dr. Yamahata and all staff has been a very positive one. They have all been wonderful, patient to answer all questions and concerns and Dr. Yamahata personally has followed up with post op phone calls to answer any questions I have had. Lyne

|  Amazing work  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

I am so happy with my results and is more than I ever expected; even how my scars looks (tummy tuck w/ lipo) - comparing the way my scar looks to others (posted on the net - some had outside stitches, deformed belly buttons, wrinkles and ripples in the incision area etc). Dr. Yamahata puts a great amount of care in his work and it shows. He is not as "chatty" as other surgeons I've had consults with but after meeting with him, I knew right away he was the one. He answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable throughout this whole process - from beginning to end! Great Doctor, great work! I am one very satisfied patient!(A few of the Sacramento front office staff could be a tad bit more friendly (a goodbye when leaving would be nice - not too bothered by it but thought I'd mention it. The girls in the back are wonderful!)

|  Outstanding results  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Yamahata has performed my breast augmentation (1986), upper and lower eyelid surgery (1994), post-skin cancer surgery on face that required skin grafting (1997), and brow lift/facelift (2011). In each case the results were excellent. I have referred my family and friends to him without hestitation.

|  Gouge marks? NO WAY DONT DO IT!!!!  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

I got my breast augmentation done by him when i first looked at my breast i notice three gouge marks 2 inches below my nipples ON BOTH SIDES!!! they were infected and scarred when i went in for my follow up he spent all of 5 mins looking at me sent me home and i called him to ask what i could put on these marks that he acted like where no big deal (bigger than the actual incision for the implant) and he proceeds to tell me "oh i was going to call i think you need to come back in " i live 30 min away i can't drive myself ect. and the staff was extremely rude and seemed moody.i would never recommend this person or place.

Doctor's Response

Dear Madam, I'm sorry that I came across this way. As surgeons, we are trained to be precise, stick to the facts, and tell patients the sometimes blunt truth. It's never my intention, or that of my staff, to be rude. I'm also sorry to hear about your experience after surgery. The marks you're referring to may be blisters from the tape. We place steri-strips to secure the incision at the end of the procedure. It's a special type of surgical tape to help hold the incision closed. On rare occasions, some patients will swell excessively and pulling on the tape can cause blisters. These are superficial injuries and nearly always heal without problems. Additionally, secondary infections almost never occur in this situation. Thus, I'm not surprised if I only spent 5 minutes looking at the area because an experienced doctor should be able to make the diagnosis very quickly. Once a diagnosis is made, the rest of the time is spent explaining the condition and recommended care, and once all questions are answered, patients are free to leave. It's unlikely this sort of visit would take more than 10 minutes. I want to assure you that I may have "acted like it was no big deal" because in fact this is true. However, I was wrong to misinterpret your concern and should have been more sensitive. Although I try my best, I don't get things right 100 percent of the time. I can say though I am always responsive to calls from patients and welcome and encourage questions. If patients cal me later, I try to answer any questions over the phone, but also encourage them to come back in for an appointment if they would like to show me something. I never charge for these visits and patients are welcome to come in as often as they like. Again, I'm sorry for not being more sensitive to your concerns, and I encourage you to call my office to clear up any misunderstanding that may have occurred. Sincerely, Wayne Yamahata, MD

Mar 28th, 2011

Breast augmentation in 2005. Wonderful results, great doctor.

|  Do not, what ever you do, use this Dr.  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Mine is a very long story. just know that this Dr. messed up big time!!! I'll give a short story. I had a tommy tuck and it was terrible. I've had 3 surgery's since and it still look like crap. I will not let this person ever touch me again.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, I'm sorry to hear you did not receive the quality care or results many of my patients receive. Unfortunately, I don't know who you are, so I can't determine what limitations were present, why you don't look better, or why you're not happy with your results. All I can say is there are always anatomic limitations so not everyone will look slim or svelte after a tummy tuck. We can improve the appearance, but the final result we achieve will be limited by the original condition. With that being said, I always try to do extra to make patients happy. I don't know if the three surgeries you had were done by me, but if they were, I generally do not charge patients for revisions and will try to continue to make additional changes until patients are happy. I also try to follow patients for long periods of time (i.e. over a year) to make sure they are satisfied with their result and offer to do more if necessary. Finally, I always welcome patients to return for visits to discuss options if they are not completely satisfied and I don't charge for these types of visits. Because every patient matters, I'm willing to make this right for you if you're willing to visit and speak with me. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you, Wayne Yamahata, MD

|  Do NOT use him!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

I went to Dr. Yamahata for a breast augmentation in 2004. First of all, one of the easiest things should be to make the breast the same size, one of my breasts is WAY bigger then the other. On top of that, during surgery he must have accidentally stabbed me in the nipple with his scalpel because on my left nipple NO WHERE NEAR the incision when i woke up was a huge gash that left a big nasty scar. Does he have a shaky hand? How could this have happened? I'm now looking for a doctor to fix what he has done. He did not even acknowledge that fact that anything was wrong.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, I am very sorry to learn you were not happy with the results of your breast augmentation. I will do my best to respond appropriately. When a patient comes to me with asymmetry issues, I will try using different size implants during the operation to see if I can correct the problem. Unfortunately, there are times when one breast will differ in length and size. Thus, when I place a larger implant under the smaller breast, it may lift the breast more than the other one. With this procedure, breasts can be the same size, but the appearance may appear odd because the nipples are at different levels. If this occurs, I will spend a great deal of time trying different combinations of implants. As a professional, my goal is to try and find the most natural and attractive result, even if that means placing the same size implants and leaving the original size difference. Next, I'm sorry you felt I didn't acknowledge your situation after surgery. However, when patients fail to come in for post-operative visits, I don't have the opportunity to hear their concerns and address the issues. However, I would still like to do this if you are able to return for an office visit. I do not charge my patients for follow-up visits, and would welcome the opportunity to do something that would make you happy with the results of the surgery. Overall, I feel very honored when patients trust me to do their surgery. Therefore, I take it very seriously when patients are not happy with their results and will always do whatever I can to correct problems. Because every patient matters, I hope you will allow me to work further with you to achieve your desired result.

Jul 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Great doctor. Listens carefully to patient needs and concerns. Follow-ups are good. Answers questions throughly. Patient. Great patient-doctor rapport. Great surgeon, great results!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com