Urologist
811 W I 20
Ste G22
Arlington, TX 76017
817-784-8268
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Apr 9th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Chuang for over a year now and have found him to be skilled, knowledgable, and overall very helpful. We were quick to arrive at a diagnosis, the options were clear, and surgery went smoothly. He has been prompt to respond when I have a question outside of my appointment, and as several have already mentioned, he follows-up by phone after surgery and office visits. I have recommended him to friends and will continue to do so.

|  Male adult patient  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2013

Dr. Chuang has been great. I am rarely sick but eight months ago I arrived at his office in bad shape with a serious medical event and he has me back to 100 percent now. He is knowledgeable and easy to talk with. His bedside manner shows he cares. One thing that really amazed me is he called me himself at home that night to check on me and make sure I was doing ok. That is old school care you don't see often anymore. The staff at the Arlington office is very nice and helpful every time I see them or call. I can't speak highly enough of this doctor.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Scott Trussell on Oct 18th, 2013

I really appreciate how Dr. Chuang explains the diagnosis. I also like that he listens. I have seen him several times and he performed an outpatient surgery on me. He follows up and his nurse is great. I recommend Dr. Chuang to everyone

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2013

My husband and I saw Dr. Chuang earlier today. We were being seen for low testosterone, and how that might be affecting my husband's sperm count. He completely rushed through the appointment, and did not even bother to look at some of the other symptoms he was having. He told him "drop your pants" like it was nothing. We are a young couple so my husband was really embarrassed. I asked if I should step out, and the Dr. said "I don't care, it's up to you." We do not feel like it was a successful appointment, and we feel like we wasted our money. If you are looking for a kind, compassionate doctor who is well informed, I would NOT recommend Dr. Chuang. I am honestly very disappointed and we are very discouraged.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that a visit to the doctor can be stressful and that a physical examination can make someone feel uncomfortable. However, a physical examination is a crucial part of a thorough medical evaluation. To help ease the male patient's anxiety, I routinely ask if the female partner would like to step out of the room during the physical examination. I leave the decision ultimately up to the male patient and his comfort level. I am sorry that you feel the way you do regarding your visit. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

It appears that Dr. Chaung's office has made some changes over the past 2 years as I agree with the previous 2 reviewers. We were able to get an appointment quickly, the doctor was prompt and frank, which we appreciate. He also personally made a follow up call. His advice corresponds with the tons of research that I have done on the matter. I could see that if I had not done the research on the problem, that the quickness of the discussion may not have let us process what he was saying, but he did call to give the opportunity to ask more questions. Overall we are very satisfied with Dr. Chaung.

|  RN/BSN  |  show details
by James H. on May 30th, 2013

I was seen in March and April for urological problems. Dr. Chuang was very precise in speaking with me about my condition and my treatment. He called me later to ensure that I had understood everything that we discussed during my exam and treatment. I have had zero problems with my care by him and would recommend him to anyone. As an RN, I felt he rendered professional care of the highest quality. He answered all my questions and was very thorough. I have follow up appointments with him and I am very satisfied with his care at this point. I had no previous care through his clinic. I felt the staff were professional and the care there has been good, as far as I am concerned. It is not always easy to please everyone at all times and sometimes folk don't want to hear just what a physician has to tell them. I can understand some of the comments here, but for me, personally, I have had no negative experience and feel very comfortable with him treating me and I would recommend him to anyone as a very good physician.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
May 29th, 2013

My husband and I saw Dr. Chuang yesterday for evaluation of male infertility. I must say that I was somewhat concerned by comments written by others on this website in regards to Dr. Chuang's bedside manner and the overall time spent with patients but decided to move forward with the appointment. As a patient you have the option to not establish a relationship with a Dr. if you do not feel comfortable with them. In all honesty, I had a back up appointment scheduled with another male fertility specialist, just in case. That being said, I've worked with, hired, audited and directed surgeons and their clinics for the past 15 years. I put very little regard into a surgeon's beside manner or how much time he spends with you in the exam room. Let's face it, what truly matters is the Dr.'s training and his ability to perform your surgery. It doesn't matter what undergrad school your surgeon went to, sometimes it doesn't matter what medical school they attended. What does matter is what residency and fellowship training program they were accepted into and medical articles they've published. No one can argue that Dr. Chuang went to one of the top residency programs in the country for Urology and that his fellowship training program still remains one of the top 3 in the country. I found during our appointment that he was pleasant, to the point, performed an adequate exam, had excellent decision making on additional testing, and developed an adequate plan on when my husband and I would meet with him to review the results of the additional testing. Be wary of Dr.'s that don't set follow-up appointments and want to give you results over the phone. That usually means you will not have the opportunity to speak with them over the phone or in person to have your additional questions answered. Dr. Chuang, even took the time to call us later in the day to ask if all of our questions had been answered during the appointment. I assume his medical assistant told him that we had an extra question during our checkout process; which, she was able to answer to our satisfaction. I've learned during my years in the medical business that if you want someone to "hold your hand" throughout your medical process and testing that you should rely on your family, friends or pastor for that need. It's very rare to find a "hand holder" and excellent surgeon in one person. Your Dr. should be professional and kind but don't confuse that with "hand holding". I've met many a surgeon that were the "hand holding type" that didn't have adequate training, were not able to pass their medical boards, or worse yet, hadn't kept up with additional training since they finished their fellowship training which may have been years and years ago. It's a dirty little secret in the medical field that if you have a "hand holder", they probably shouldn't be the one to perform your surgery. Another dirty little secret is that a lot of Dr.'s hire PR and marketing groups that place false "good" reviews on websites (like this one) to help promote a Dr. and boost their ratings and pay to have good reviews placed in popular Dallas magazines. A Dr. with a ton of good reviews doesn't always mean you're getting a good surgeon. I know this because I use to hire marketing groups to do this. On an additional note, the office was very clean and met federal government OSHA standards, which a lot of surgical clinics fall short of the minimum standards. The only inefficiency I found was that the front office and checkout areas run on the slower side but that is due to inadequate staffing and the wait after the visit for office visit charges to be uploaded into the patient's electronic medical record, which is not Dr. Chuang's concern or his department to fix. He is the Dr., not the Office Manager. Dr. Chuang entered our exam room within 5 minutes of us being placed in the room by the medical assistant, which was excellent when compared with other surgeons. His staff was very pleasant and professional. My husband and I will be returning in two weeks for a follow-up appointment because we were both happy with Dr. Chuang and I have canceled the appointment with the other urologist. I would also recommend Dr. Chuang to friends and will let my Reproductive Endocrinologist know how happy I was with the visit.

Dec 28th, 2011

My husband was a patient and this by far has been our worse experience with a doctor! The staff was professional, however, they NEVER followed up with my husband after his procedure. We never received a phone call asking about the healing, the stitches or anything! We had to call several times to try to make the follow-up appointment for the testing of the specimen. And even then, it was impossible to speak to a live person from the office. I absolutely, unequivocally DO NOT recommend this office for your vasectomy! Please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. You will be so glad you did.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you had difficulty here. I know that this can be frustrating. We have changed out office staff, and I am sure that you would be quite pleased with the patient experience today. Thank you for your frank feedback.

|  Reconsider if you've chosen Dr Weber Chuang  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

In all my years of life I have NEVER encountered a doctor who is so unprofessional and unwilling to see his patients after he has collected his money, ESPECIALLY when there is a health concern. I am a former patient of his who called repeatedly due to complications...he finally saw me 3 days later but did no form of diagnosis but told me to come back in a month. I call again with the same chronic symptoms...still, no appointment. I finally drive to the office in pain only to get an appointment for the following week but was still refused to be seen by Dr Chuang. Needless to say, my solution was to make a trip to the emergency room to be checked for possible infection and anything else that may have gone wrong. This is clearly a case of medical malpractice of some sort. This doctor is truly unprofessional...I would SERIOUSLY reconsider selecting this doctor if your health is important to you!!!

Doctor's Response

I apologize for the difficulty you may have had getting a hold of me. We had some staff turnover since the time that you posted this review. We have put procedures in place to make it easier for patients to access their doctors. I appreciate your taking the time to voice your concerns.

Oct 24th, 2011

I some point I felt that the doctor was rude to my husband

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you felt that way. That was definitely not my intention. I strive to treat all of my patients with respect and kindness.

|  NO COMPASSION AT ALL  |  show details
by A PATIENT THAT WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE on Mar 8th, 2011

i WENT TO OFFICE TO SEE WHY MY URINE TESTS HAD SHOWN BLOOD IN THEM FOR THE LAST MONTH. tHE FIRST 5 MINUTES I TALKED TO HIM, HE TOLD ME I HAVE SIGNS OF BLADDER CANCER WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT MY CONDITION OR WITHOUT ANY TESTS YET. HE STRESSED ME OUT SO MUCH THAT MY BLOOD PRESSURE HAS BEEN UP FOR THE LAST WEEK DUE TO WHAT HE TOLD ME. HE EVEN SAID IF HE FINDS CANCER HE WILL HAVE TO DO AN IMMEDIATE OPERATION. I THOUGHT THE NEXT SUBJECT WOULD BE ABOUT BUYING A GRAVE , AS HE WAS GOING SO FAST IN 5 MINUTES, JUST BECAUSE HE FOUND OUT I WAS A SMOKER WITHIN THE FRIST MINUTE I TALKED TO HIM AND TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT. I NOW HAVE CHANGED DR AND WILL NOT EVER GO BACK TO DR. WEBBER. IF A DR HAS NO COMPASSION, HE IS NOT GOING TO BE MY DR. I WENT TO HIS OFFICE AT 1:33 PM AND DID NOT EVEN GET TO SEE HIM UNTIL 3:20 PM. JUST A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT OFFICE TO ANYONE.

Doctor's Response

I think that you zeroed in on one possible finding from the recommended tests, which may have been cancer. I know that that can be very difficult to hear. I did mention several other possible outcomes which are again only possible outcomes. I did not intend to come across as insensitive, and I sincerely apologize if I did. It sounds like you have gone elsewhere for your care, and I wish you the best of luck.