Neurological Surgeons

Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642
585-275-7944
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Pain free after 10 years  |  show details
by Laurie V. on May 27th, 2013

My son suffered from intense hip pain on and off for 10 years. We thought it was from an old high school injury. It got progressively worse, to the point where he was crawling on all fours, unable to walk. Two different hospitals couldn't figure out the problem and we we finally referred to Dr. Pilcher by our regular physician. We met with Sue, his N.P. and she discovered a herniated disc that was pinching the nerve flat. This was on a Thursday, and Dr. Pilcher was operating on him by Monday afternoon. He found two nerves fused together, and also fused to the disc, as well as being compressed. Dr. Pilcher skillfully solved the problem, and my son is now pain free. We are extremely pleased with everything about our experience. Many thanks to Sue also, for the phone calls and all her assistance.

|  Saved my life over a decade ago  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Pilcher performed Temporal Lobe Epilepsy Surgery on me almost 15 years ago and a week doesn't go by when I don't thank God for giving Dr. Pilcher the skilled hands / tremendous mind to become a successful BRAIN SURGEON. I have not spoken to him in over 10 years, but if I had the chance, I'd say something like, "Thank you for giving me my life back! You have given me a quality of life that I never knew existed before surgery. I hope you are surrounded by those who love, respect you and treat you like a king! God Bless you, Dr. Pilcher".

|  saved my life  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

I was brought to Strong Hospital in a state of confusion on January 3, 2011. Brain scans showed an abscess in the frontal lobes of my brain. My situation was severe enough that Dr Pilcher came back to the hospital and performed surgery on my brain at 2:00am on January 4. I was later advised that there had been a 30% chance that I would not survive the surgery, and that if I did survive, that I might never be able to take care of myself.However, due to the care of Dr Pilcher and the other professionals who worked with me,I made a complete recovery and returned to work in March. I cannot give enough thanks for all that Dr Pilcher did for me (not to forget Sue Smith, who besides being skillful is very very hot.) Joe Miller.

Apr 27th, 2012

I had to have a begnign brain tumor removed and was pleasantly surprised at the friendly and caring bedside manner of Dr. Pilcher and his staff. I was very comfortable going in knowing he was doing the surgery and that I was having the best care possible. He was thorough and explained everything to me in very straight forward by empathetic manner. His nurse Sue was amazing and made me feel as comfortable as possible in this type of situation. They answered all of my questions without making me feel ignorant or stupid. I couldn't have been more happy to have him performing the surgery. In a very scary situation I felt very at ease and confident that all would go well.

|  previous patient  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Doctor Webster Pilcher ,has really brightend my life to an extreme.I had brain surgery 12 yrs ago and I could't be happier.The service and all was wonderful especially Nurse Sue.I would reccomend this doctor to the fullest.

Feb 19th, 2012

Although I think Dr, Pilcher is a great doctor he seems to have to much on his plate. I was called into is office(he requested) and basically he was not prepared at all. He told me to come back in 3 months. Also I noticed there is no communication between doctors where he is asking what my other doctor at Strong said where he should have that on record seeing he advised me to see the other doctor.

Jan 20th, 2012

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pilcher for my brain surgery. I could not have picked a better doctor. He is a caring and very experienced surgeon.I am doing great after having a brain tumor removed on 10/19/11

|  Joseph  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

Dr. Pilcher performed a temporal lobectomy on me and I have been seizure free since then. Dr. Pilcher provided me with the best of care. A true professional and gentleman.

|  Dr. Pilcher as a surgeon  |  show details
by Unhappy with office staff and assistants on Sep 8th, 2010

Dr pilcher is a very good surgeon how ever the office staff and his assistant need to learn to discuss concerns with him and quit thinking they are the dr they lack in human decency and will not listen to what you are telling them let alone pass this on to the dr. Very frustrating.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by Phil on Jan 11th, 2010

Dr. Pilcher performed surgery on me to remove a tumor and was able to remove 100% of the tumor when it was highly unlikely it could be done. He and his staff are always friendly and go out of their way to treat me with respect as a person who matters.

|  L5-S1 Hemi-laminectomy plus diskectomy  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Pilcher was wonderful. I suffered from a herniated disc that severely limited my mobility as well as dramatically altering my activities of daily living. He fit me in 5 days after me giving him my MRI results and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am 25 and happy with the choice I made to see Dr. Pilcher and Susan Smith, NP.