Dr. Wei Kwok MD Patient Reviews

3.3

September 21st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Kwok is a good listener and explores alternative treatments realistically. He is quiet, mild mannered and knowledgeable.

April 14th, 2016
Don't do it!!!
Horrible Dr. I had been going there for years, thank God I don't have to put up with him anymore. Like us people that are in chronic pain want to deal with a Dr. Who talks down to you & treats you like you're med seeking. I've never done anything to make him think that but every apt He asked me questions like I'm up to something, just someone in Chronic pain. He has NO bedside manner. Sherri is great, but isn't there anymore. Go to a doc. Who really cares...look at reviews.. he only has a three..Good luck.

September 17th, 2015
CAUTION!!!
If you have a weight issue i would not see this doctor!although many specialits have stated weight can be an issue dr kwok makes it his priority to make it the main focus god like syndrome is a perfect discription of him he smiles with an eerie feeling to it he dont listen he tries to text book everyone and seems to write perscriptions just to get u out of there instead of truly listening i lost alot of weight and it did not help i have several injurys and i just dont believe he has the experiance for patient empathay he gave me non opiod pills as well as opiod finding out the non opiates are more harm full and caused major depression i walked in his office almost 2 years ago and regret it i walked in with six pills and left with 20 plus more a day i wish i would of read reviews before going to see him my insurance just sent me there now that i have a ppo i am scouting other doctors who will try to help and listen i agree he should not see private patients should stick to his hospital attmosphere where he dont have to be 1 on 1 with people i believe he needs more training and should just listen you know we are humans we make mistakes but he kinda has that i am right cause i am a doctor syndrome i relize you cant please everyone but he dont give the effort to try and putting someone down is not helping how do you lose weight with that kind of support i dont recomend him especially for patients on long term pain managment if he had bed side manors and just maybe walked in a patients shoes to see we all are not black and white (text booked)whats good for you might not be good for me he may have been more tolerable i truly hope you read this and truly listen dont waste your time research research please like i said he may of helped a few people but i think his ratio is doing more harm then good thats just one patients opion though he is my second pain doc first one was great but no longer took my insurance so they referred to dr kwok i had a good doc before so thought he would be ok but boy i am glad i got different insurance and can go some where else and if he works for you i am happy great but as i stated its just my personal opion

April 24th, 2015
Inept billing / Insurence / Staff`
Be careful using insurance here. The Staff does not how to collect proper insurance co-pays Charge you one thing, then still send you a bill for more They could send you to collection. I would never go back there

March 14th, 2014
I was in severe headache pain from a spinal fluid leak. I called Dr Kwok and he double booked me in to perform procedure that I needed to fix leak. He was awesome and his staff so caring. I would definately recommend.

December 23rd, 2013
Excellent doctor and staff
Dr, Kwok and his PA Sherri are great to work with. They are extremely kind and knowledgeable and look at many ways to address a problem.

February 3rd, 2013
Took his time and explain my condition to me in great detail. He answer all my questions. He seems very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

January 23rd, 2013
HORRIBLE!!! Waited over an hour after I called to make sure this would not happen AGAIN!! Never again for me, bad diagnosis, no help from staff in getting records...Bad environment...Don't waste your time!

August 28th, 2012
Compassionate doctor
I saw Dr. Kwok for the first time several months ago with severe back pain. He took his time to examine me and explain my condition to me. He made sure I understood everything he said. If not, he would try to answer my questions in a different way until I understood. I have never met such a nice doctor. My pain got a lot better after a few treatments with Dr. Kwok. I do not need to see him anymore as I am no longer in much pain.

February 2nd, 2012
Best doctor
I was referred to Dr. Kwok by my family doctor for an injection for my back pain. I was able to see him within a week of my call. Dr. Kwok was very professional and courteous. He took his time to examine me and told me about the injection in detail. I was very anxious about the injection. After his explanation, I was less anxious. He took pictures of my back and did the injection. I barely felt it. Now I am pain free thanks to Dr. Kwok. I highly recommend him to any of my family and friends.

September 12th, 2011
Awesome doc
Dr. Kwok is amazing. He is very professional, informative, and pleasant. A few years back, I had really bad buttock pain. He told me the problem was from my hip and not my back. He gave me a shot in the hip and the pain miraculously disappear. After a few visits and a recommendation to therapy, I was on the road to recovery. Definitely couldn't have overcome the issue without him and his helpful staff. Throughout the whole ordeal, I have not needed any pain medications. Dr. Kwok is a godsend. The other posters on this board are mad at him probably because they wanted drugs and he wouldn't give to them.

August 21st, 2011
Bad bad bad Doctor!
My husband saw Dr. Kwok for over a year and he would not listen to my husband or myself regarding my husbands severe pain. For months and months my husband and I told Dr. Kwok what medication was helping my husband and he needed a SLIGHT increase and he would have been almost back to his normal, energetic and active self. Dr. Kwok refused to listen to us because he refused to believe he could be wrong. I like to call it God Syndeome. Dr. Kwok contiued to try my husband on different medications that made him a zombie or just did not work. We knew what would work and it was very much within safe levels according to the FDA. Dr. kwok continued to ignore us and finally I told my husband to have a discussion with Dr. Kwok regarding listening to him and that my husband KNEW his own body. Dr. Kwok said he offeneded by my husbands questions and said he would no longer see him as a patient. Being as my husband was out of pain medication, my husband began to suffer tremendously and after many calls to Dr. Kwok, he finally wrote a 10 day partial prescription to keep my husband from going into full blown withdrawls as his body is dependent on the meds. Now we are in a world of hurt without enough meds and having to try and find a new doctor.If you ever run across Dr. Kwok, run, and run fast. Find another doctor that doesn't think he is god and one that will work with his/her patients to find the right meds to help them live a relatively normal life. Dr. kwok is more into his career than he seems to be with his patients. If only he would have listened to constructive criticism or allowed his patients to participate in their treatment he could be a very good doctor. Until then, run for another doctor and do it fast. Don't give him the opportunity to take your meds away or to leave you hanging like a fool. Best of luck with you pain. You need all the compassion you can get and Dr. Kwok is not the one to give it. He seems incapable of compassion and does not empathize with anyone other than himself. God bless and I hope this helps at least one person. That will have made my year.Signed a sad wife.