Dr. Weiru Shao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Weiru Shao?

November 29th, 2013

Avoid Shao at all cost! - Seek someone else - don't waste you time!

One of the worst experiences I've ever encountered with a doctor by far. I was seeking help after suffering from chronic ear infections so I refered me to him. A complete waste of my time. He did not listen to my symptoms nor did his homework. He did not care for me nor did he care about investigating the cause. Told me the doctors I was seeing were misdiagnosting my infections as "just ear pain". Very condescending. He looked in my ear and that's it -all done. I would not recommend him at all! I left disappointed, unsatisfied and in the verge of tears because I left with no answer to the cause of my chronic right ear infections and on top the horrible experience he gave me. I'm going for a second opinion and definitely have requested NOT with him.

February 6th, 2013

Tympanoplasty Mastoidectomy

Dr. Shao is a very professional and intelligent surgeon. He performed my surgeries, and followed up, and made recommendations such as special ear plugs and possible future problems,etc. He was very confident, reassuring, and made an accurate diagnosis. Surgery went well, and he explained EVERYTHING. He took the time to make sure I understood everything, and it was very educational as I am a med student. I was saddened to know he went to Worcester but was alerted via mail and given great referrals to BMC to only the best over there to continue with my chronic ear disease.

September 15th, 2011

Wasted time and money

I came to see Dr. Shao in hope to get help with complications after a very bad flu. Instead I got unprofessional behavior (or maybe he was joking?). I left his office feeling unsatisfied with a prescription I am not comfortable to use.

May 17th, 2010

Very poor experience. The doctor was not interested in listening to an of the details of the symptoms. Has an extremely condescending manner. A total waste of my time.

January 7th, 2010

One of Best Doctors in America in otology/neurotology

Excellent surgeon. Not the best with mothers of pediatric patients. Adult patients love him. Funny, affable, capable, and available.

December 28th, 2009

Arrogant and Argumentative

Had first appointment today. Will not request another. Was refused paperwork for minor child to receive school accomodation, because he did not know how to do the paperwork. Refused to refer us to someone on staff who did. Actually referred minor patient to Radio Shack to obtain hearing/amplification equipment. When questioned, became argumentative and very "in your face". Our child was scared of him. He was visibly threatened by parents prepared to actively advocate for child. This guy is a jerk.

September 22nd, 2009

I have been going to the ENT clinic at UMass for 15 years - always for same procedure, with other doctors. Dr. Shao had poor communication skills, poor bedside manner, and the procedure was the most painful and complication-ridden of all ten that I have had.

August 7th, 2009