A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Welton Gersony:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Welton Gersony is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Welton Gersony, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Gersony graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Gersony has 12 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Harbor Healthcare System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gersony accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan