Dr. Wendell Helveston MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Hattiesburg, MS

3.6

March 16th, 2016
Best Neurologist!!!
Dr. Helveston is one of the best neurologist in the state of Mississippi. He is proactive about trying to diagnose the problem and prevent further occurrences. He is an advocate for his patients and he specializes in epilepsy. I do have epilepsy. He took care of me during my pregnancy with my child. My child was healthy and I did not have any seizures during my pregnancy. He also helped me find a medication that worked for me. You could not ask for a better doctor!

November 6th, 2013
Dr Helveston
I think it's amazing that BAD REVIEWS like the one below gets posted everywhere online. I'm sorry, put that review doesn't even make sense. Dr Helveston has been in practice now for over 15 years, even in 2007 I'm pretty sure he knew what he was talking about. He's a terrific doctor. I've been taking my son to see him for 3 years now. When we first started seeing him, my son started experiencing seizures again after a long time of being seizure free. We were started on a medication that drastically helped with my sons seizure counts. I can not thank dr Helveston enough. I am a worrisome Mom, and he is never too busy to listen to me. By the way, I drive an hour and a half just to see him because he's the best!

August 5th, 2013
Dr Helveston is an awesome doctor. I've been to see other Neurologists in the past and he's the only one that will turn the lights down when I have a migraine. People just think oh, a headache, take a pill. The migraines I have suffered with last days. Sometimes taking a pill just doesn't help. I've called his nurse when I have had a migraine and she has gotten me in so I can receive relief! He cares also if I'm tolerating my medicine! He is a great doctor and recommend him to everyone!

April 20th, 2013
Dr. Helveston is a wonderful doctor. I have the utmost respect for him and his staff. I have a daughter who has seizures and I have them as well. He has been my doctor for about eighteen years and now my daughters doctor. I have never had a negative experience at his office. He is a brilliant doctor! If you want to know who the best is, go to Dr. Helveston.

September 19th, 2011
He is an idiot
He did not know what was wrong with me. Instead of admitting that he did not know that he did not know, he scheduled me for a test I had already had, that had already given me a migraine. I told him that it gave me a migraine because it lasted so long. He lied to me and told me it would only last an hour or two. The test is done by someone in his office. It takes all day. I asked to speak to his nurse when I found out, thinking that he was confused. His office staff came back and told me that HE SAID TO GO HOME AND TALK IT OVER WITH MY HUSBAND!!! LIKE I NEED A MAN TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO... A WOMAN CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS. AND I'M SO STUPID TO PAY MONEY TO HAVE A MIGRAINE. I'M TRYING TO GET RID OF THEM, NOT GET THEM. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

June 8th, 2011
Dr. Helveston is a great doctor. However, over the years of visiting him, I found to be callus to my neurological complications.

August 11th, 2010
I am sorry but there is honestly no better neurologist. Dr. Helveston was rapidly able to diagnose my problems along with many of my friends problems. If you want someone who is straight-forward and doesn't mess around-Dr. Helveston needs to be your next stop. You will not be disappointed. He is the hardest worker-both in his field and communtity-I can recollect