Dr. Wendell Nilson MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Saint George, UT

• Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2013
We love doctor Nilson. Our son was a patient of a different pediatrician in St George and a major illness was misdiagnosed. We were about to go to the ER in desperation, but a friend suggested we go to her doctor. We were able to be seen last minute and Dr Nilson was able to diagnose a very rare condition, although he had never seen him before. We were able to be life flighted just in time. Dr. Nilson saved his life. He is a very intuitive doctor. We wish we would have known about him before our son got sick so we could have avoided a chronic problem from the misdiagnosis, but Dr. Nilson and his staff were amazing no matter how many times we had to come to get help with a new chronic illness. Our son still loves going to the doctor and we attribute that to Dr Nilson. Dr Nilson took great care of our daughter when she was born and addressed our concerns and even ordered a few extra tests to put our minds at ease. I have yet to meet a doctor that has as much concern for his patients as he does.

January 31st, 2011
WARNING - my baby ended up in the ER
I'm so sorry to write this review because I am not a hateful person. But I'm so worried for other people's babies. Dr. Nilson did not spend enough time with my newborn and did not look into obvious issues. He sent me home with a baby having retractions (chest sinking in while breathing), which they tell you in the take-home booklet is an emergency situation. The nurse caring for me in the maternity ward was so concerned about the retractions that she tried to check with my doctor twice about it. Both times Dr. Nilson dismissed him as a "squeaky breather," and afterwards I realized he never really spent a lot of time watching my baby. Dr. Nilson mostly spent time talking to me and my husband about scriptures and movies. But now I realize what a good doctor is after switching pediatricians. They pay way more attention to their patients than Dr. Nilson. My baby ended up quitting breathing at home a week after birth, and I had to call 911. It was the scariest moment of my life. My baby could have died, but luckily I was awake with him when he stopped breathing. And it all could have been avoided if Dr. Nilson would've looked into the retractions. After this happened to me, I have heard bad things about Dr. Nilson from nurses and so many other people. Sorry to say, but I would not recommend him to anyone. My husband and I both thought he seemed really nice when we met him, even though he was a bit quirky. And he did do a good job on our son's circumcision.. but he failed big time on a major issue. Scary stuff.

February 2nd, 2009
The best doctor there is!
Thank you for being the best, caring, doctor in the state. He is concerned about the patient instead of just getting his money.

February 25th, 2016