Dr. Wendy Bourland DO Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

October 20th, 2014
caring person inside and out. Great at what she does!
My son was diagnosed with a Wilms tumor In 2011. We were scared, in disbelief. Our world had changed in a instant and trying to process everything that I was in denial about. Dr. Bourland comes in and had to give us news no one wants to hear, my son had a tumor in the kidney. In this moment of shock and completly in a daze she started to explain what the plan was, she showed us through this short time she was more than a oncologist but a good hearted caring person. This is the dr that was there for my family the whole time. Yes the experience is one I won't forget or want another father or mother to ever again have to go through. But in that time I had a dr that I knew cared for not just my son but all her kids. It takes a special person to have her job, and she is simply put, meant for this. She works hard for our children and to raise awareness to end this disease Affecting our little ones. She left a imprint on my family that I will never forget. With so much during the surgery, treatments, scans, bloodwork and all the information overload in between, she gave us hope. I could go on and on about how nice her bedside manner is, her cheerful spirit everytime she was treating my son and family. And that is something u want and need at treatment days. And the icing on the cake is that I have a special needs son, and she started to see him and help us find answers and solutions that have literally changed our lives. And we never asked, she wanted to do this. She's a godsend!

March 7th, 2017