Pediatricians
South Whittier
15215 Leffingwell Rd
Whittier, CA 90604
562-946-9696
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

• Currently 1.9047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  wouldnt return to see doctor  |  show details
by lili A on May 22nd, 2014

I took my son for a three day check up after birth. My son was a little jaundice . Dr. Daur took a quick look at him and told us to take him to the lab at the hospital to check his levels to make sure they were ok. She seemed to be in a hurry. My husband and i felt that we were being rushed out. We didnt get to ask her about other concerns and questions we had. She wasnt a polite doctor; we felt that she was rude. The front office staff were also unpleasant to greet us. So we switched to dr. Juliet lener located in la mirada and what a difference. Dr. Lener is so polite and examined my baby carefully. She took her time with us;pleasant office staff.

|  Smart Doc  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2013

I have been going here for about 14 years, I love the way she is quick to see patients when they are ill. She also calls you personally to communicate with you if she has any concerns or questions. I have two boys and they feel very comfortable during their exams. She is also great with dealing with the insurance companies. They get quick authorizations and let you know asap.

|  WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Unlike some of the reviews that I have read on this website, I totally disagree. Probably the patients that have a great experience don't take the time to write a review. Like is so true in life, whenever someone is unhappy about something, they are loud and let everyone know about it!! Well, I am totally happy with Dr. Wendy. Even if the nurse has already written down what is wrong with my child, she ALWAYS asks me again and reviews the symptoms and problem. She is so careful and checks my child very carefully. She explains what she finds after checking my child. She doesn't just write a prescription for antibiotics like lots of other doctors I have been to. She explains if your child needs them or not. Sometimes my child only needs Motrin or rest. She is nice and kind and always answers my questions. She even calls personally to give my child's lab results to me. I have been to a lot of other pediatricians, but I am staying with Dr. Wendy. She is the best and I trust her so much than I am switching my other children to her also. Sometimes the staff is busy or stressed, but this is the only pediatrician's office I will be going to!!

|  Dr. Wendy Dauer -- Kind, Compassionate, BEST PEDIATRICIAN!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Dr. Wendy Dauer is truly an excellent professional and moreover, a caring pediatrician who takes her responsibility seriously. She goes above and beyond all doctors I have seen, taking extensive time to personally care for each of my three children and gives detailed, meaningful explanations. I have been to Dr. Dauer's office many times over the years, and find its staff to be pleasant and helpful. Some very few times I had to wait a short while to see the doctor, but I completely understand and know that when it's my turn, she spends ample time with my kids and myself to ensure all our medical needs are met. She far surpasses our expectations, especially when it comes to answering calls. Dr. Dauer has answered my weekend emergency phone calls in the middle of the night, in an expedient, professional manner. THIS DOCTOR IS TRULY AMAZING!!!--I WOULD TRUST HER WITH ANY MEDICAL NEED MY CHILDREN SHOULD HAVE!!!! Thank you Dr. Wendy Dauer for all that you do for my children and my family. You go above and beyond your job as a physician and your hard work and dedication is truly appreciated!!!!!!!

|  Never again  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Dr. Dauer is rude, unprofessional and inconsiderate. No one should have to wait 3 hours to be seen. She needs to learn how to communicate with the parents of her patients without constantly interrupting and belittling them. Awful experiences and I would not recommend her to any of my loved ones.

|  P2  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

assumed she was on hold... not to mention the rude tone which was very embarassing and her eye rolling as I stepped to walk away. She said under her breath I hate these people.. I am not sure if she was talking about the ones on the phone or me in general. I so wanted to walk out but I didnt because my son needed to be seen.. Dr Dauer is a great doctor and for the life of me I cannot understand why she would want such a grumpy rude old woman greeting her patients. I am not to much of a judger but I think this lady should retire.. I am debating if I want to return after this visit but if not thank goodness i can easily call my insurance and change doctors. but good luck to the dauer staff that has to work with this CRAB!!

|  I cant believe this old woman  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

As I am sitting in the waiting room for my child to be seen its actually sitting here watching a comedy show. being greeted by an old grumpy woman as you walk through the door who seems to bothered to even be there.. Not only that she is very rude and slams everything down. I simply approached her to hand her an insurance card and she then answers rudly she will get it when shes ready for it.. I knew she was on the phone but I didnt hear her talking so I assum

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Wait times for scheduled appointments run anywhere from an hour and a half to three hours, even if you are on time. She doesn't seem to have very good time management skills and has a lot of excuses. She was good with my son but not very nice to me. If I had a question, she would either ignore it or act like I should already know the answer. I've dealt with many doctors in my life and this was the first time I genuinely couldn't stand bringing my son back. I get that they are busy and have responsibilities, but if it gets to the point when patients are spending their entire afternoon waiting for you, only to be treated like an imbecile, they really need a break or a new profession.

|  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Dauer and her staff has been wonderful.She has been my son's doctor for close to 6 years and I have complete faith in her.Her accuracy in diagnosing and caring manner,as well as, courteous office staff is well worth my hour long drive.My calls have always been swiftly returned by the doctor,herself, when I've had concerns regarding my son's health.I highly recommend Dr. Dauer!

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

I love this doctor. She is very thorough and explains everything.She is kind and caring. She always calls back to let me know my child's lab test results. I drive very far to see this doctor and am happy to do so!!

|  BEWARE AS YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR!!!  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

LAST WEEK MY EXPERIANCE AT DR DAUER'S OFFICE WAS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FRONT OFFICE PERSON SO UNPROFESSIONALLY RUDE, INCONSIDERATE, AND MISERABLE!!! AS CHECKING IN AT THE FRONT DESK SHE PRACTICALLY ATTACKS YOU, SPEAKS TO YOU AS IF YOUR ILLITERATE!! SHE THROWS TEMPER TANTRUMS, AND BELITTLES THE PHYSICIAN "IN FRONT OF PATIENTS"!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!! ALSO OVER HEARING HER repeatedly STATING HOW MUCH SHE HATES ALL OF THE PATIENTS, AND HOW STUPID EVERYONE IS. HER TELEPHONE MANNOR IS OBSURD!! SHE SLAMS THE PHONE DOWN EVERYTIME SHE HANGS IT UP.. I WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE SITTING IN THE WAITING AREA AND WAS VERY TEMPTED TO WALK OUT!! JUST THEN THE NURSE CALLED ME BACK WHICH SHE WAS VERY HEART WARMING, CHARMING, AND CONSIDERATE!! I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO VENT TO HER ABOUT THE EXPERIANCE AND I FELT BAD AFTERWARD BECAUSE DUE TO HER FACE EXPRESSION I WAS ABLE TO TELL SHE GOT A LITTLE EMBARASSED.. THE DOCTOR WAS GREAT, ALTHOUGH SHE ME A BIT NERVOUSE AS I WAS SPEKING TO HER BECAUSE SHE CONSTANTLY LOOKED ME UP AND DOWN.. OVERALL A GREAT DOCTOR BUT UNFORTUNATLY MY MIND IS MADE UP AND I WILL "NEVER" RETURN TO THE OFFICE AGAIN!! IF I HAD TO GIVE HER WORDS OF ADVICE IT WOULD BE "GET A NEW FRONT OFFICE PERSONAL AND A LITTLE PERSONALITY FOR HERSELF"!!

|  RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

Staff is great but the Dr. is very rude and unprofessional. Expect to spend at least 1 1/2 hours at the office, which doesn't make sense because there is never more than 2 other patients in the office????

|  HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

This dr is highly unprofessional. She was very rude to me when I attempted to elicit her assistance in treating our mutual patient. She displaced her anger at her own staff (for interrupting her during her appointment) onto me and then avoided her responsibility to our patient by reporting she would not be able to get her the brain testing she needed. I have referred our patient to find another physician who will be more concerned about diagnosing correctly.

|  Rude Overall  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I do not recommend this office. Unless you want to be welcomed by a crabby old front office lady that looks like she hates her job. And seen by a Dr. Wendi Dauer with no personality. When i have talked to her she makes me feel like Im stupid and why didnt I know better. This Dr. needs a attitude check and a better front personel. The only nice person was the girl in the back. I know you go to a Dr. for there medical advise/diagnosis. But really... I dont like the fact of having my daughter seen by such a cold person. Not to mention that if your child is sick and you call for an appt. They first ask you what ur symptoms are, and that they will call you back. I guess Dr. has to get the feel if ur child is really sick enough to use up her time. Ive gotten a call back with," Dr. said just give tylenol and take some cough meds, if it doesnt get better by 1 or 2 days callback". I was floored. I have never heard of an office that does this. I will definitely be switching drs. I was so very disappointed.

|  Dr. Dauer is so genuine & caring  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

It was so easy to talk to her about concerns I had with my daughter now thats she a teenager. Dr. Dauer gave me her best medical advise without out overstepping on personal beliefs.

|  Wendy Dauer should teach discipline  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

This Dr was originally assigned to me when my daughter was born. At the hospital when she first seen my daughter she rudely stopped us from taking a picture and that's when it all started. We seen her the day after my daughter went home to test for jaundice and she yelled at us becuase we didn't go take the baby for a test first thing in the morning when we were never told to do so. She grabbed the paperwork from our hands to see if we just ignored the direction. We stuck with her since her location was very close to our home and thought we'd give it another chance. When we returned for my baby's 2 month shots she asked why we didn't bring Tylenol for the baby. We are first time parents and didn't know we needed to have it with us. This was all new to us. She was very short and blunt and at this point we are looking for a new pediatrician. I would not recommend her to anyone. Look for a Doctor quick so you don't end up with this lady.

|  I do reccommend Dr. Wendy Dauer  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

Unlike other reviews. My experience was great. I notice that Dr. Dauer asked many questions and was very thorough. Yes, some of the office staff comes accross a bit strong but not mean. I've been to many pediatricians my duaghter was sick so much but when we came to Dr. Wend Dauer she was assertive, understanding, thorough and helped me to understand the stress my daughter was under. Listens well and cares for the children, even when I didn't have insurance she returned my calls and answered my questions with ease. Look beyond the staff and look at why your really there, the doctor. She is great!

|  Horrible ! Horrible! Horrible!  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2010

It was our very first visit with our newborn baby boy. My husband and I were greeted VERY rudely by the elderly lady up front. She slammed the clipboard down onto the counter when I was too fill out his new client information, every phone call that came through she was short and slammed the phone back onto the receiver. About 45 mins into our wait she told us that the Dr. was running late. We heard the doctor come in about 20 mins. later THEN they held a good 15min. conversation before they called us into the back. There was NO ONE in the waiting room or facility, client wise, so we only grew more annoyed. The nurse was very friendly and personable which calmed our waiting waiting well over an hour nerves, then Dr. Wendy Dauer came through the doors. She was not friendly, courteous, personable, OR, warm. She wasn't even gentle with our son. We too also heard the no honey gig while being rushed through the exam so she could tend to the ZERO patients waiting. I will never go back to that clinic and I'd suggest you never do as well. I believe spectacular customer service is what makes your business...This place had none.

|  DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD HERE  |  show details
by Miramontes on Mar 9th, 2010

I very much agree with the last review. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone! IT IS the worst customer service! I took my daughter there for her 1st check ups and shoots and all 3 times it was the same experience. The old lady in the front always seemed to be in a bad mood. After being in the waiting room (for more than an hour) I would see how she was always bothered by every phone call. When we would finally see Dr. Dauer she was very short with us. She would always say the same thing always use the car seat and no honey for the first year of live . She would toss my baby around , hear her heart beat and that was it! She too seemed bothered if we would ask a question and her answer was very short even though she knew we were fist time parents. Also, she didnt even talk to by baby, not even smile at her, NOTHING! She just doesnt care and wants you out! The nurse (Irma) was the only one who was ok. I have now switched doctors and know that not every doctors office is not like this. There are doctors who care and listen to you. This is not one of them!

|  Not friendly doctor and horrific office!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

I had the most terrible customer service at this doctor's office that I've ever had in my life! At the first appointment, my newborn baby, my husband and I waited in the room for over 3 and a half hrs. When Wendy Dauer finally walked in, her excuse was that she was on the phone with someone and that she was really busy, I'm pretty sure they just forgot about us. It would have been nice for someone to apologize for the wait or at least reassure us one time, that we were going to be taken care of. To make matters worse, she was very short with us. When I asked her a question, she seemed annoyed and tried to give me the shortest answer possible with one foot out the door. When I asked her to explain it to me, she spoke to me like I was a child and I was wasting too much of her time. One thing that really bothered me was that I was unable to make one appointment and when I called back to reschedule, they gave me a date almost a whole month away..even though my baby needed her shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, 9 out of 10 times I would call the office with a concern, I always felt like I was rushed off the phone and given quick, unclear responses. They would actually interrupt your sentence and talk over you so that they could say what they had to say and you would hang up. I also had to go through a lot of trouble to get important documents that i would have already had if they had gotten my address correct, how could they not confirm a new patient's address? I thought all pediatricians' offices might be this way, but after switching to a new place and being completely satisfied, I know it was just the Dauer office and their employees that were extremely rude for no reason. After giving the place a couple chances because of the convenience of the location, we decided that the health care of our child was way too important to be in the hands of people who seemed miserable with their profession. I am taking the time to write this review because feed back is necessarry in cases like these that have to do with the well being of someone you love so dear. If you're planning on visiting this office, unless you're a doctor yourself, you will most likely receive this cold treatment, so beware! I was mortified with the way i was treated by this establishment and the stress that I felt was unreal. In my opinion, everybody that works there needs a serious attitude adjustment, they think they can treat people this way because it's a family business and noone will get fired! The nurse was the only one there that was nice, and Dr. Leonard Dauer who saw my baby at the hospital was friendly too..too bad he won't be getting a good reputation because of this office.

|  Wendy Dauer and Office  |  show details