Dr. Wendy Dauer MD Patient Reviews

2.3

• Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2015
lady in the front desk was very rude everytime we went. and gave me an appointment 2 months from the day I called. as for the M.D.. she doesn't follow up with her clients. always seems like she's in a rush. and takes forever to get to you. I guess Thats the type of service you get when the state pays for your kids insurance.

May 23rd, 2014
wouldnt return to see doctor
I took my son for a three day check up after birth. My son was a little jaundice . Dr. Daur took a quick look at him and told us to take him to the lab at the hospital to check his levels to make sure they were ok. She seemed to be in a hurry. My husband and i felt that we were being rushed out. We didnt get to ask her about other concerns and questions we had. She wasnt a polite doctor; we felt that she was rude. The front office staff were also unpleasant to greet us. So we switched to dr. Juliet lener located in la mirada and what a difference. Dr. Lener is so polite and examined my baby carefully. She took her time with us;pleasant office staff.

February 9th, 2013
Smart Doc
I have been going here for about 14 years, I love the way she is quick to see patients when they are ill. She also calls you personally to communicate with you if she has any concerns or questions. I have two boys and they feel very comfortable during their exams. She is also great with dealing with the insurance companies. They get quick authorizations and let you know asap.

September 7th, 2012
WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!!!
Unlike some of the reviews that I have read on this website, I totally disagree. Probably the patients that have a great experience don't take the time to write a review. Like is so true in life, whenever someone is unhappy about something, they are loud and let everyone know about it!! Well, I am totally happy with Dr. Wendy. Even if the nurse has already written down what is wrong with my child, she ALWAYS asks me again and reviews the symptoms and problem. She is so careful and checks my child very carefully. She explains what she finds after checking my child. She doesn't just write a prescription for antibiotics like lots of other doctors I have been to. She explains if your child needs them or not. Sometimes my child only needs Motrin or rest. She is nice and kind and always answers my questions. She even calls personally to give my child's lab results to me. I have been to a lot of other pediatricians, but I am staying with Dr. Wendy. She is the best and I trust her so much than I am switching my other children to her also. Sometimes the staff is busy or stressed, but this is the only pediatrician's office I will be going to!!

September 7th, 2012
Dr. Wendy Dauer -- Kind, Compassionate, BEST PEDIATRICIAN!
Dr. Wendy Dauer is truly an excellent professional and moreover, a caring pediatrician who takes her responsibility seriously. She goes above and beyond all doctors I have seen, taking extensive time to personally care for each of my three children and gives detailed, meaningful explanations. I have been to Dr. Dauer's office many times over the years, and find its staff to be pleasant and helpful. Some very few times I had to wait a short while to see the doctor, but I completely understand and know that when it's my turn, she spends ample time with my kids and myself to ensure all our medical needs are met. She far surpasses our expectations, especially when it comes to answering calls. Dr. Dauer has answered my weekend emergency phone calls in the middle of the night, in an expedient, professional manner. THIS DOCTOR IS TRULY AMAZING!!!--I WOULD TRUST HER WITH ANY MEDICAL NEED MY CHILDREN SHOULD HAVE!!!! Thank you Dr. Wendy Dauer for all that you do for my children and my family. You go above and beyond your job as a physician and your hard work and dedication is truly appreciated!!!!!!!

June 6th, 2012
Never again
Dr. Dauer is rude, unprofessional and inconsiderate. No one should have to wait 3 hours to be seen. She needs to learn how to communicate with the parents of her patients without constantly interrupting and belittling them. Awful experiences and I would not recommend her to any of my loved ones.

May 1st, 2012
P2
assumed she was on hold... not to mention the rude tone which was very embarassing and her eye rolling as I stepped to walk away. She said under her breath I hate these people.. I am not sure if she was talking about the ones on the phone or me in general. I so wanted to walk out but I didnt because my son needed to be seen.. Dr Dauer is a great doctor and for the life of me I cannot understand why she would want such a grumpy rude old woman greeting her patients. I am not to much of a judger but I think this lady should retire.. I am debating if I want to return after this visit but if not thank goodness i can easily call my insurance and change doctors. but good luck to the dauer staff that has to work with this CRAB!!

May 1st, 2012
I cant believe this old woman
As I am sitting in the waiting room for my child to be seen its actually sitting here watching a comedy show. being greeted by an old grumpy woman as you walk through the door who seems to bothered to even be there.. Not only that she is very rude and slams everything down. I simply approached her to hand her an insurance card and she then answers rudly she will get it when shes ready for it.. I knew she was on the phone but I didnt hear her talking so I assum

April 5th, 2012
Very disappointed
Wait times for scheduled appointments run anywhere from an hour and a half to three hours, even if you are on time. She doesn't seem to have very good time management skills and has a lot of excuses. She was good with my son but not very nice to me. If I had a question, she would either ignore it or act like I should already know the answer. I've dealt with many doctors in my life and this was the first time I genuinely couldn't stand bringing my son back. I get that they are busy and have responsibilities, but if it gets to the point when patients are spending their entire afternoon waiting for you, only to be treated like an imbecile, they really need a break or a new profession.

March 21st, 2012
My experience with Dr. Dauer and her staff has been wonderful.She has been my son's doctor for close to 6 years and I have complete faith in her.Her accuracy in diagnosing and caring manner,as well as, courteous office staff is well worth my hour long drive.My calls have always been swiftly returned by the doctor,herself, when I've had concerns regarding my son's health.I highly recommend Dr. Dauer!

March 16th, 2012
I love this doctor. She is very thorough and explains everything.She is kind and caring. She always calls back to let me know my child's lab test results. I drive very far to see this doctor and am happy to do so!!

November 3rd, 2011
BEWARE AS YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR!!!
LAST WEEK MY EXPERIANCE AT DR DAUER'S OFFICE WAS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FRONT OFFICE PERSON SO UNPROFESSIONALLY RUDE, INCONSIDERATE, AND MISERABLE!!! AS CHECKING IN AT THE FRONT DESK SHE PRACTICALLY ATTACKS YOU, SPEAKS TO YOU AS IF YOUR ILLITERATE!! SHE THROWS TEMPER TANTRUMS, AND BELITTLES THE PHYSICIAN "IN FRONT OF PATIENTS"!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES!! ALSO OVER HEARING HER repeatedly STATING HOW MUCH SHE HATES ALL OF THE PATIENTS, AND HOW STUPID EVERYONE IS. HER TELEPHONE MANNOR IS OBSURD!! SHE SLAMS THE PHONE DOWN EVERYTIME SHE HANGS IT UP.. I WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE SITTING IN THE WAITING AREA AND WAS VERY TEMPTED TO WALK OUT!! JUST THEN THE NURSE CALLED ME BACK WHICH SHE WAS VERY HEART WARMING, CHARMING, AND CONSIDERATE!! I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO VENT TO HER ABOUT THE EXPERIANCE AND I FELT BAD AFTERWARD BECAUSE DUE TO HER FACE EXPRESSION I WAS ABLE TO TELL SHE GOT A LITTLE EMBARASSED.. THE DOCTOR WAS GREAT, ALTHOUGH SHE ME A BIT NERVOUSE AS I WAS SPEKING TO HER BECAUSE SHE CONSTANTLY LOOKED ME UP AND DOWN.. OVERALL A GREAT DOCTOR BUT UNFORTUNATLY MY MIND IS MADE UP AND I WILL "NEVER" RETURN TO THE OFFICE AGAIN!! IF I HAD TO GIVE HER WORDS OF ADVICE IT WOULD BE "GET A NEW FRONT OFFICE PERSONAL AND A LITTLE PERSONALITY FOR HERSELF"!!