Dr. Wendy Fuhr MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Broomall, PA

September 8th, 2016
I appreciate a doctor that listens and understands ! She got the whole story and now I'm under the best Cardiology Care.

March 19th, 2013
outstanding doctor, real professional
I've been a patient since about the time she went into practice. Everything bad you've heard or read about the staff at Collegeville is likely true (and then some). If I were her, I would have left for Broomall (or some other place) far earlier. Dr. Fuhr is popular with patients, which is part of the reason she is busy - much more so than before. She's booked ahead because she's in demand, I get that and take it as a sign of quality/strength (ability to get in the same day is 3*s rather than 4*s because of that). That's OK, because she tracks what's going on with me, is proactive about follow-up and follows through. I sense that she is really trying to help each patient live better, one at a time. That's important to me because sometimes I have one thing I'm seeing her for, another time it might be several. She is up to date (and she's also teaching family practice). If you are looking for a doctor who will just give you whatever you want, I'm sure you can still find some compliant hack...but Dr. Fuhr is the real deal. Better yet, every referral to a specialist has worked out - that was important back when I was in PPO plan. Did I mention the staff at Broomall is *very* professional? I'd be dismayed at the prospect of looking for another primary care physician.

March 29th, 2009
Good Clinical doctor, with great potential, that could improve her bedside manners
I have been seeing Dr. Fuhr for a while, and will tell you that although she is a very competent doctor (in the clinical sense), and while she seems to try to keep informed on what is going on (which is why I like her), she can truly stand to improve her bedside manner. At times, she can be moody. Plus, don't question anything that she says or she may put you on the patients-that-I-dont-like list, and can be rude or edgy to you after that. I brought up something that I read about my condition that she wasnt aware of, and she didnt like that, which caught me by surprise, because I thought she may like to hear about it.She seems to put the insurance company rules over patient needs, so sometimes you feel like she doesnt necessarily do whats best for you.Plus, she will only give you a set amount of time and attention, no matter what. After 15 minutes she has a little technique that is very annoying that she generally uses at the end of every visit she will tell you something like: Let me check on samples.. or Let me check on this or that and shell leave the exam room and never return. She leaves you thinking that shell be right back, but she wont. Instead, she sends the nurse in and youll never see her again for that visit.She tends to explain her philosophy as only wanting to focus on one or two issues per visit, and if you have more issues than that shes not interested. This has been frustrating for me when I have multiple symptoms and different things that I need to talk with her about. Some of my conditions are related to one another, and making different appointments to discuss different things doesn't make any sense. Her attitude seems to be that if you have multiple things wrong with you, then make more appointments to discuss those. This can be frustrating, as sometimes I feel rushed and unable to tell her the whole story. Ive left the office feeling like some issues never got discussed.She has moved to a new office, which I hope will help her improve the way she sees and treats patients. The old office was not the nicest place to visit, Mainline Family Practice, in Collegeville, because the staff there is quite rude.I will continue to see Dr. Fuhr a little bit longer, because I do think that she is a bright woman and could be a very good doctor if she worked on her patient-interaction skills,abruptness, and all of those other things. But if she doesnt improve, I think I will move forward and find another doctor.It is sad, because I think that she has great potential.

January 14th, 2009
Collegeville Office
I have been seeing Dr. Fuhr for years at the Collegeville office. While she has not changed in her care and attention, the office has suffered greatly. Ever since they split off pediatrics from their family medicine department, the women working for the family medicine side are horrible. They are nasty, rude and always give you an attitude. I feel they treat patients like cattle. "Insurance Card" is the first thing out of their mouths. They have the bedside manner of a knat! I'm so thankful Dr. Fuhr has left there and is now at Broomall. It is worth the extra distance to drive to avoid those nasty cackling hens that call themselves the office staff. You can call and try to get an appointment and the first time you call they will say nothing open today, soonest they can see you is 2 days from now. Hang up and call back 20 minutes later and it's, we have an opening 2 hours from now. It's absurd! They need some major overhaul there or they will lose many more patients!