Dr. Wendy Greenberg MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 19th, 2011
Not sure who gave this woman a decent rating... were you in the exam room with this doctor and her patient(s)? Better yet, were YOU the patient?Before I continue my review, I would like to say that I have been a patient of Dr. Greenberg for at least ten years - I've only remained a patient under her care because my insurance plan would not allow me to go elsewhere. That said, appointments with Dr. Greenberg are difficult to book. She's rarely in the office more than three days a month. As I have been told, the remaining days are "vacation days." Once in a blue moon when an appointment with her becomes available, despite getting to the office on time, you're sat to wait 45-50 minutes before being called in, and another 10 or 15 before she's at the door knocking. She may LOOK friendly and warm, but as a doctor, scare tactics are her preferred method of "patient education." It's not very effective and generally what comes out of her mouth is rude/abrasive or judgemental. On a similar note, when she isn't trying to frighten patients instead of educate them, it's very difficult to get a word in as she doesn't seem to be interested in what the patient has to say - she's gone as far as to cut me off mid-sentence and take sharp tones when she reaches the conclusion that "she's heard it all before." Before you know it, she's pretending to listen, giving you incorrect information and arguing about it (tried to argue with me that I was lactose intolerant and when I told her I wasn't, she reprimanded me, peeked at my chart, realized SHE was the misinformed one and didn't say another word), and then your appointment is finished. She's in and out the door faster than you can bat and eyelid and the atmosphere on her end reeks of "let's get this over with, I need a nap."I wish I had discovered this review site earlier, as in maybe... five years ago. This "doctor" is now retired, although it would have been nice if she'd at least warned her patients of those plans, or sent out some kind of notice before she left the practice. It was frustrating (yet comforting) when I called to book a follow-up with her and was politely told she was no longer working. Similarly, I had another specialist call and leave three voicemails for her regarding important information and not one of those messages was returned. This was before she retired. I myself have called and left messages on several different occasions and have never received calls back either. Professionalism? Not so much.Let me note that the office staff is wonderful, as are the nurses and lab staff - it's Dr. Greenberg that's the problem.