Dr. Wendy Huempfner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 7th, 2016
Do NOT go!
This poor rating from me is partly my fault. I failed to read all the horrible reviews online before I scheduled my appointment. Oh how I'd soon regret it. Where do I start?? I scheduled the appointment, got a call a day or so before asking me to come 30 minutes earlier. I agreed and was there even 15 minutes earlier than that since I was a new patient and had paperwork to fill out. I was finally called back about 20 minutes after my scheduled time and was told she would be in shortly. While waiting, I heard what sounded like berating outside the door. The receptionist/assistant was told to tell me she would be in soon. I heard this several times and at no time was I told. About an hour later the Dr breezes in and apologized for running late. It because obvious why because she was a talker. The reason I was there was blatantly overlooked and she began to talk about how the military doctors (My Primary Care) didn't know how to treat my situation. How she couldn't rely on their diagnosis, lab results or the ultrasound results from a lab off base because she was not familiar with them. She had been in this town for a long time and knew people....other doctors that could treat my situation much better. She continues to say she won't change my medicines but would give me a list of specialists (other than herself) that would do much better than my PCM. It was a very quick exam and I was on my way out the door with a pamphlet outlining some of the reasons for the pain I felt. She asked me to study the pamphlet and call her if anything sticks out. Every symptom I explained to her was in one category on that pamphlet!! Needless to say I will not recommend her to ANYONE and I feel she should be removed from the Tricare approved providers. What a waste of time!!!!! So angry!!

March 7th, 2016
Long Time Patient Fired This Physician
Have been a patient for many, many years. Dr. Huempfner is an excellent physician; however, she can be known to let you wait forever while sitting on an exam table to see her. Her demeanor can be somewhat erratic and she has been known (at least with me) to refuse to explain things when something needed to be explained after making a diagnosis that was very upsetting to me. Instead, I was told by her that she "didn't have time" and to "make another appointment." I made the new appointment, thought about it for a few days and realized that a doctor who gets the honor of holding my trust doesn't get to treat me that way. I cancelled the appointment and told them I was never coming back.

December 26th, 2014
I love Wendy. She has been my doctor for more than 10 years. She is truly interested in treating the whole person, not just the illness/symptom. I think many of the poor reviews are from when she was still delivering babies--it was very tough to get any unrushed time with her then. She delivered my daughter, though, and it went beautifully. Stick with her.

April 15th, 2013
Excellent gynecologist who cares about patients!
Dr. Huempfner is a very dedicated gynecologist. She will go the extra mile to help resolve your problem or to fit you into her schedule if you need to be seen. Most doctors today do not take the extra time she takes with a patients who has a more time consuming problem. Sometimes, because she gives patients the time she should, her schedule can get backed up. But medical care should never be 15 minutes a pop or on an "assembly line" schedule. I am lucky to have such a fine doctor

February 4th, 2013
Best doctor I've ever had!
My husband is in the military and we move every couple years so it is always important to find a doctor you trust. I truly feel like it was my lucky day when I found Dr. Huempfner. She is skilled, kind and always takes her time to make sure she understands your concerns. I have seen her many times (10+) In the last year and a half. She has helped me through pregnancy, miscarriage and the fear of breast cancer since my sister was diagnosed. It has been a trying time in many ways but her compassion and competency have helped me body and spirit. Please know if you choose Dr. Huempfner you will have her full attention to you when it is your turn. Her location is easy to find and there is plenty of parking. The staff is friendly and helpful.

November 29th, 2012
Amazing
Wendy Huempfner is my doctor and I absolutely love her. First, I can always get in the same day when I am having an emergency. When she sees me in her office, she is never rushed. She is knowledgeable in her field. Always takes the time to provide me with proper explanations of any diagnosis or medication she is giving me. Her bedside manner is amazing as she really does know me. Its incredible in this day and age where patients are herded like cattle to have a doctor like her. I always feel safe and comfortable when I see her. I highly recommend her to anyone.

November 20th, 2012
Caring Doctor with a Lot of Experience
Dr. Huempfner has been my doctor for well over ten years. It is true that when she was delivering babies the practice was sometimes a bit rushed. (She delivered my daughter, though, and I had the best pregnancy and delivery doctor experience of anyone I know.) Now, though, she spends as much time with you as you need, and is particularly in tune with the interaction between emotional health and physical health. She is usually running extremely late, but if you are willing to wait with good humor, you will get the same attention she gave those before you, and it will be worth it.

November 19th, 2012
Compassionate and Supportive
Dr. Huempfner is always happy to see me. She treats me as an individual who is special. I am more than just a patient. She is a compassionate and supportive doctor who understands the fears and upsets women have with their bodies.I trust and have faith in her decisions concerning what needs to be done to keep me safe, healthy and alive.I have great respect for the experienced doctor she is.

November 13th, 2012
Extremely Competent Doctor
Dr. Huempfner is extremely competent, very caring, and always on the lookout for problems and issues that might escape other doctors. I will be forever grateful for her recognition that my unborn child was in trouble (before I even knew it) and for the steps she took to ensure a safe delivery. In addition, she has been a very good gynecologist for me and my two daughters for many years.

November 6th, 2012
Attentive and Personable
Dr. Huempfner was extremely attentive and personable towards me. She listened carefully about my health problem and my frustrations. After examining me she took time to explain the cause of my symptoms, recommended a course of action with follow up treatment. I found her to be friendly and engaging. She gave me a warm hug when we first met, then again on leaving. Very satisfied patient!

November 1st, 2012
Serious, Yet Kind in My Experience
I have been a patient of hers for 15 years. I started seeing her when I was a very young woman. At that time, I was self-conscious and terrified of going to the gynecologist; she immediately put me at ease. Although she is quiet and serious by nature, she is genuine. If you are looking for a doctor to be superficial and bubbly, she is not for you. She will quietly sit with you and discuss your most intimate concerns if you ask her. This type of approach does cause her to run late. 10 years ago, I had a miscarriage. I will never forget how kind, understanding, and sensitive she and her staff were. At one point, Dr. Huempfner even held my hand and just let me cry. She didnt rush out, she didnt try to cheer me up, she was just there for me. Her quiet strength and support meant so much. Since then, I have been to other doctors for obstetrics (Dr. Huempfner doesnt do Obstetrics anymore), yet I have always returned to her practice after having my children. I have recommended her many times to my friends over the years. Her genuine, holistic, non-rushed approach is what keeps me coming back as a patient.

August 24th, 2012
I can't imagine all the things are true about here belittling her staff. She herself was an RN and worked in a nursing home in long term care for many years. You would think that she would have compassion.