Dr. Wendy Laborie Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wendy Laborie?

Stay away from Providence

Posted on March 4th, 2016

Dr. Laborie is a great doctor, but Providence is a nightmare... Run for the hills! There are good doctors, but if you ever need to deal with the organization (for example, to get a medication approved by your insuranc e c ompany), expect three to four weeks of delay JUST TO SEND THE INFORMATION TO THE INSURER!!! There will then, of course, be further delays (that can actually be legitimate) from your insurance company. If you inquire about these issues, you will be told about how wonderful they are and that this NEVER happens. When I asked about my specific situation (to multiple people), I was told they couldn't comment BECAUSE THEY HADN'T REVIEWED MY CHART (even though they were calling at my request). To make matters worse, when I started asking difficult questions, a manager BANNED me from contacting my doctor's support team. She was on vacation at the time, so I essentially had no medical care available to me during that time. This organization seems to view patients as a bother. I would strongly suggest that you seek medical care from a group that actually cares about their patients as people, rather than sources of medicine. Oh, the stories I could tell (I'm in the process of looking for a new doctor). If you are willing to let managers dictate your health options, this is the place for you!

If you want a doctor that thinks for themselves she is not for you

Posted on March 3rd, 2016

I see doctor Laborie now and as a person I like her just fine however she is not capable of treating me properly...I have a chronic illness she does not understand. It has been ok until recently when I started having increased symptoms- she seems frustrated, and just tries to throw meds at the problems rather than come up with solutions. I am fairly knowledgable and do research a lot on my own...I share it with her and rather than looking at it she says she doesn't have any knowledge of it and I might want to consider a specialist. I ask her who she suggests and she has to think about it then never follows through. I finally found someone on my own but now even general care things are being neglected. She also sites being responsible with healthcare dollars as a reason not to run diagnostic labs. So...she is great if you go twice a year when you get the flu, or if you want meds....she is more than happy to prescribe practically anything I ask for but if you want individualized care she cannot seem to provide it.

Happy Patient

Posted on December 10th, 2013

Finally, after a two year search, and 4 doctors later, some of which were condescending and uninterested, I have found a doctor who seems to care about her patients. Thank goodness!!! Dr. Laborie is thorough and takes time with me. She is conscientious and interested in doing what ever it takes to get me well or at least pain free. If you are seeking a good doctor with a professional and caring manner, look no further.

Posted on September 17th, 2017