Dr. Wendy Spangler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Wendy Spangler?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2016

DR Spangler did two surgeries on me one in 2010 and another in 2012. I have had no problems since my operations

August 13th, 2015

Very Good treatment

Dr. Spangler performed an ASDF at Midwest Surgical Hospital. I had initially seen multiple providers so I knew going to her would probably end up in surgery as I had done the PT and Steroid Injections. On the initial appointment she did a thorough exam and was concerned my MRI didn't show what my symptoms were showing. She ordered additional xrays which determined I had progressed to the point of needing surgery. The day of the surgery she came in and explained what she was doing again and put me at ease. The staff at Midwest Surgical Hospital is awesome! She stopped by later that day to check up on me (after the anesthesia had worn off) and ensured if I needed anything after I left to call her office. I spent the night and she came in the next morning early to check on me and discharge me. She reiterated my limitations and stressed to call her if there were any problems. Minimal post operative issues and I'm post surgery a week.

June 14th, 2015

Dr. Spangler was kind and curtious to me and my husband. She understood my pain and I received care within a week she did my surgery. After surgery care was important to her too. All my calls were answred right away. I would recommend her to family and friends.

February 17th, 2015

not the king of beside manor

Worst experience with a physician I have ever had. Do not use her.

February 13th, 2015

Microdiscectomy was like a walk in the park for Dr. Spangler.

January 19th, 2015

I took my wife to see Dr Spangler for a second opinion. She suggested and ordered some back injections and therapy for my wife before we would go the route of surgery (which was the first opinion we received). The injections did wonders and surgery was avoided. I just want to thank her for helping my wife.

January 19th, 2015

Excellent doctor.

Great doctor. Resolved my ongoing back problems when no one else would.

August 9th, 2014

I went her office in extreme pain. I arrived 45 minutes early as I was a new patient and I knew I would have paperwork to fill out. Only to find out there was a mix up with my appointment time. It was actually 3 hours later than I was told. I understand things happen. Not Dr Spanglers fault but the office staff besides the kind receptionist were very rude and not compassionate. Once I saw Dr Spanglers PA (after being there for 5 hours) she ran through the pre testing with me. She was very kind and compassionate. She was also very through. She left and said Dr Spangler would be in. Dr Spangler then came in introduced herself. Told me there was nothing they could do for me, said I needed to see a pain Dr and have some X-rays then said it was nice to meet me and walked out. I stopped her by asking a question about my medication. She turned around and said just keep taking what you are taking. Without even asking any questions. She then left. I waited another 30 minutes for the nurse to set up my X-rays and give me My MRI disc back. I left and had my X-rays done elsewhere as I refused to wait any longer. As for Dr Spanglers competency as a surgeon or a Dr I am unsure, as I spent very little time with her. I assume she is a good dr however her bedside manner was awful. Her staff (besides her PA) were awful as well. I brought my concerns to the office manager and she offered me a $10 gift card to Panara. Thanks but that is not a solution to the poorly ran office. I recommend if you chose to see Dr Spangler do not be surprised if the staff is rude, And Dr Spangler herself is rude. however as I said she may very we'll be a great Doctor in terms of pure medicine, if you get a chance to see her long enough to find out.

February 11th, 2010

Competent

Resolved spinal stenosis by fusing three discs. Surgery and recovery went as planned. A competent surgeon whom I referred my son to.

May 20th, 2009

Jeff S.

Couldn't find a better doctor.

April 28th, 2009

Great

Dr Sprangler is a wonderful Doctor. She does care about her patients. Dr Sprangler will take time to answer your questions. I didn't find her bed side manner cold. She talked to me in the hospital. If I had to have spinal surgery again, I would go back to Dr Sprangler.

February 23rd, 2009

Not a very caring doctor

Dr. Spangler did not want to acknowledge severe pain I had after 1st surgery failed. She is quite educated but very cold and methodical. I wouldn't have minded if surgery would have been successful. You can make your own judgement on her but I want a doctor who will listen to what I have to say.