Dr. Wendy Lee MD, MS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Very disappointed
I did my ptosis surgery by Dr. Wendy W Lee. The reason that I finally choose her is because I lived in Florida and don't want to go long distance. Also because she belong to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, No. 1 eye hospital in US. But I do not realized that many ophthalmologists are trained here. I told Dr. Lee before surgery that she should be THE ONLY ONE to do the surgery and NO ONE else. Her team reconfirmed with me right before the surgery. The whole teams lied. My surgery still done by two doctors. Left eye by Dr. Lee and right eye by a trainee (trainee sit on my right side and Dr. Lee sit on top of my head). The trainee spent about 40 plus minutes and Dr. Lee spent about 15 minutes. I was awake the whole process. I know every single detail like whose hand is moving and where the stitches come from. I also heard their conversations even their voice is very low. Dr. Lee was still teaching him. I won't be able to walk away cause I already paid a total of $8,000 before the surgery. Yes, the surgery is not cheap. There is no surprise that my two eyes looked differently after surgery. Stitches on one eye is tighter than the other. I even won't be able to see one direction with both eyes cause the stitches drag them to different directions. The feeling is so weird and I am afraid to do eye contact with other people. I ask her if she can do some adjustment. She told me the surgery is permanent. I have all pics from day 1 to day 60. The first 3 months after the surgery are nightmares for me. Now they looked better after the swelling gone. But people can still tell the difference right away. Most people Prefer the job done by the trainee. Is that funny? I post this review to let people know she is the worst and irresponsible doctor I have ever seen. Save your money and go somewhere else. Be cautious to these type of hospitals cause they have trainees all the time and these trainees need practice. So they lied to their patients and you probably will be the next victim.

July 22nd, 2016
DR LEE WON'T HELP YOU
Horrible Dr. She didn't listen to me, I know my body. She made a lot of facial expressions her body language and intelligence is certainly not directed to help the patient. She not there to help.

September 23rd, 2015
Ruptured my right eye.

August 7th, 2015
I was referred to her for Lasik. Basically she came in and was not exactly friendly. She checked my eyes, told me I was a candidate and to schedule and appointment with the front desk. That was it, end of visit. I did not like her and would not recommend her

June 7th, 2011
Great Experience
I was sent to Dr Lee for Occular enlargement of the eyes due to Graves disease. Dr. Lee recommended thyroid removal rather than this operation as thryoud removal stops or cures the disease 60% of the time. It has worked. Her sataff has followed up. Her recommendation allowed me to have a much simpler operation. Everyone thinks surgeons only want to operate by Dr.Lee is different. I think she's great.

May 31st, 2010
Unprofessional
Very long waiting time. Spent about 5 min with me, and didn't diagnose any of my problems. Had to go to another doctor where I found out that I will need two surgeries. Have no clue how Bascom Palmer got to be #1 in any category.

February 6th, 2010
Be very concerned if you are seeing Dr Lee! She is forgetful! She dilated my eyes and left me in the waiting room, and went home for the day. I had to inquire where she was...and the office couldn't believe she did that. They had to call her back from Miami. Wonder if she leaves in the middle of surgery too!!!

April 23rd, 2016