Dr. Wesley Barry MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 21st, 2016
knowledgeable, listens, explains
I had a surgery for underarm axillary breast tissue this summer (June 2016) - optional, but it makes life easier for me. Dr. Barry took time to talk to me about it beforehand, explained the procedure, listened to my concerns and time constraints due to work, recommended doing one side at a time (I only did one side so far). While in the hospital awaiting surgery, he came to speak to me briefly while prepping me. Afterward, the incision area was sealed and bandaged, and I was to go back some days later to have the bandages taken off - so we did follow-up then, and it was a smooth process. Of note, I required NO pain medicines at all, after surgery! He had written me a prescription just in case. We had a mixup at the pharmacy (not his fault at all), and didn't get the right meds before the pharmacy closed - I called Dr. Barry to ask him if it was a serious matter, and he actually stepped away between patients, to speak to me personally on the phone. He was distressed that the pharmacy had made a mistake, but since I was in no pain, we decided I could get the right meds the next day if needed ... and I never needed them! I do have some scar tissue, an incision mark and knots under the surface of the skin, but these seem to be fading, and I assume it is normal. I plan to have Dr. Barry do the other side next summer.

May 14th, 2015
Stay away from this doctor

December 27th, 2010
Dr. Barry was very nice and informed on my condition.

September 22nd, 2010
Dr. Barry was very professional and his expertise in intestinal bypasss surgery is above and beyond the highest grade. He gets an A+ in my book!