A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Wesley Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 2 hospital affiliations:
- CJW Medical Center- Chippenham Hospital
- Hallmark Youth Care
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Wesley Byrd Carter MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Wesley B. Carter practice?
- Dr. Wesley Carter has 2 office locations.
Dr. Wesley Carter practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Richmond, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Goochland, VA.
See Richmond Psychiatrists.