Dr. Wesley Driggers MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Port Orange, FL

4.9

January 25th, 2016
Retired Secretary VCS
Dr. Driggers has saved my life not once but twice! From a terrible experience at a local nursing/rehab facility where I was given to many different types of a certain drug which caused my body to shut down and I went into a sort of phychiatric dilemma and went into a coma and was put on life support. My husband was told I would probably never again be the person he knew. To the rescue with his wisdom and faith he guided my husband through some very tough times. The Dr. said it was a miracle that brought me back however my husband and I would never have made it through without him. The second time I went to him for Gastrointestinal issues. He thought better and sent me for some tests. Long story short I had an 85% bkockage in my main artery , needed 3 stints of which 2 were sheathed also had a leaking valve. The cardiac Dr. told my husband I had been "sick" a very long time and he was lucky not to have come home and found me dead. D &' staff are the best of the best I love them all very much. Great practice!!!!

November 28th, 2015
The best Doc I have ever had

October 23rd, 2015
Incredible knowledge beyond other physicians I've known as medical professional and as patient-client. Dr. Driggers is text book expedient , sense of humor, and discipline. An honor and pleasure to know and have his professional in our metropolitan township.

July 8th, 2015
Honestly the best, most personable doctor I have ever had!

October 6th, 2014
Few Can Compare To this MD
My husband and I have just recently moved back to this area,and though we search and search cannot find a physician of Dr. Driggers caliber. A few weeks ago, this writer was in Port Orange Hospital and though I was not a patient of Dr. Driggers, he came to visit me in my room. It was then I knew I would be ok(my husband and I were his patients priorly). Just to see his smiling face! The saddest day of my life was when we had to move and I lost Dr.Driggers as my physician.I have to say to all of you who are lucky enough to have him please treat him right as he is not only a wonderful person who is kind and very compåssionate,but is TOPS in the medical field. I know, because I am a medical professional myself! One of the most important phrases he ever said to me was "Don't lose sight of those things that are really important"As far as I am concerned Dr. Driggers is not only a very gifted man, but an awful wise one as well!

June 14th, 2013
RPh
A true professional, diligent, and highly competent IMO. Doctor Driggers strives to be thorough with each individual. As an 'Adjunct Associate Professor' Dr. Driggers does not subscribe to details as "routine". Having read other comments it is important (for me) to point out a few WHY defensive answers. #1. Those who work with or along side the general public at large know that even the best boss (or professional) has his/her limitations. #2. No two days are close to being "routine". Every patient does not have a prescribed amount of time nor anything close to identical Health Care requirements as previous/next patient. #3. Even the best personnel (office staff) are subject to the same unforseen conditions as the boss/professional has. Lab work, prescriptions, and every other "prescribed follow-up procedure" can not possibly be routine. When doctor's visits become routine ....THEN, you have reason for concern. Male or Female patient; psychiatry is a specialty, mental problems are best handled by a specialist in this field of medicine. It is an integral part of your health. Finally, yes, by all means ask Dr. Driggers, staff, or medical student physician in training for explanations regarding medical jargon/ vernacular. Patients should expect volumes of Greek and Latin verbiage in the above mentioned quarters.

August 8th, 2012
Dr. Driggers is the best!!!
As a patient, I would NEVER ever give up my PCP, Dr. Wesley Driggers. He is caring, sincere and reminds me of the doctor's of way back when the all mighty dollar is all they care about. He never over books his appointments and if you wait 5 minutes, consider that a long time.

February 6th, 2012
Office Staff Needs Improvement
I am a patient of Dr. Driggers who is quite satisfied with him as a doctor. He is very smart and always overextends himself in trying to help you if he can. However during the past year, perhaps due to the HMO he works for or changing of staff, his staff does not seem to be as caring as they used to be. For instance if one of his nurses thinks you did something and you did not, they assume you did and will call you up out of the blue and chew you out, which takes you off guard. It use to be that his office nurses would call you with any changes and be pleasant about it-now it seems like meds are taking forever to be ordered from the pharmacy, you call about them and no one seems to know what happen to the order or it is still waiting for Dr,s approval. In short, the system beingimplemented seems to be less efficient than before hopefully this will be fixed soon.

February 4th, 2012
A Good Doctor When It Counts
I had been a patient(as was my husband ) for over 5 years. Dr. Driggers presentshimself as a southern gentleman and acaring person. He is super intelligent andoften starts talking to his patients in molecular biology terms which one would notunderstand unless you were a healthcare professional yourself. He must be reminded to translate what he is saying in laymans terms. He also does not like to treat patients who suffer from mental problems, and will immediately refer you to a psychiatrist. He also does not respond well to negativity and sometimes will become angry if you bring up a valid point which he does not agree with-thisis especially true if you are a woman.Butwhen the chips are down you can expect this man to do the right thing. I would not trade those 5 years for anything, because I learned much about medicine itself, and how the male mind works,he will spend adequate time with you, but also it is quite apparent he is rushed to see people because of FHC time constraints. He needs to get out of this HMO and start his own practice! "My Buddy"

April 26th, 2009
When my employer changes insurance companies I couldn't wait to be 65 so I could go back to be a patient of Dr Driggers.