Dr. Wesley Merritt MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 12th, 2017
Great Doctor
Dr. Merritt has always been kind and extremely helpful in knowing which is the best way to manage my pain. His staff have always been kind and considerate. The compassion he and his staff show makes it easier for me to continue to use him as my doctor.

August 30th, 2016
Great Dr
I have been a patient of Dr Merritt for at least six years. He is a wonderful.

July 28th, 2015
Dr. Merritt is an arrogant temperamental Foctor whose staff lies to him
His staff if insanely incompetent. Leather than admit their mistakes (even when proof is provided that is undeniable) the will NOT acknowledge it. They hide their mistakes and punish patients who point them out. They even LIE to Dr. Merritt to pre-entirely make him so mad he will literally throw patients out of his office. BECAUSE of total lies his staff tells him.

June 23rd, 2015
Worst experience with a Dr. in my life. He was arrogant, rude and refused to listen. He refused to review the MRI/X rays from the back Dr. who referred me to him for a back injection. He insisted I had a hip problem not a back problem but was fine with scheduling me to receive a back injection! His attitude and manner were horrible.

February 25th, 2015
Patient
I have been visiting Dr. Merritt for 9 yrs now. In the beginning of us getting to know each other as Dr. & Patient; I found him to be very kind and courteous. I highly recommend him to anyone. He shows Excellence in my care. I've only had to speak with him once regarding the time he spent with him seeing how I come from OKC, OK to ALLEN TX for my appts & I have been for almost 5yrs. He now takes his time with me to truly understand my problems & needs. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. I was already diagnosed before recommended by his colleague. He knows the exact treatments that are right for me. I couldn't be happier. HE ALONG WITH DR. HANKS ARE MY ANGEL ADVOCATES. He's HONEST with you & make sure you are on the right track with taking the correct meds. He even walks me out with a greeted hug when I'm finished. I've never found anything rude about him. Now in the past he & his Colleague's had a couple of rude front end staff but they are no longer there. THE ONLY THING I'D LIKE TO SEE CHANGE IS: "DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER THE OFFICE STAFF WILL CALL YOU & LET YOU KNOW THE OFFICE IS CLOSED & IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER STATE HE WOULD MAIL THE SCRIPTS. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE SEEN BUT. IT SURE WOULD HELP ME. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT GOD'S WEATHER. OVERALL I LOVE DR. WESLEY MERRITT. HE'S THE KINDEST PAIN MGMT DR. IN TEXAS.

August 20th, 2013
Ms.
I have been visiting Dr. Merritt for a little over a year, and in that time I have found him to be a very kind and courteous physician with a firm grasp of his chosen field. I would highly recommend him for the effective management of chronic pain due to injury and/or degenerative disease process. He even had options that fit my very tight budget as a single mom with one still in school.

July 30th, 2013
Excellent patient care!!
I would definitely recommend Dr. Merritt. He takes his time with you to truly understand your problems and needs. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. His diagnosis and treatment were right on. I couldn't be happier!

June 8th, 2013
Walks out the door before your finished
Rude Doctor and staff, spends half the appointment back away, with his rear-end out the door. The office closed because of weather and would not do refills over the phone. You had to reschedule your appointment

August 29th, 2012
Great
I have found Dr. Merrit to be caring and thoughtful. He listens and addresses all my concerns. Have been a patient for almost a year and will not change doctors any time soon.

June 19th, 2012
Wonderful doctor and gave me plenty of options regarding my back. My Dad goes to this same office and is seen by the other doctor and is very pleased.

January 18th, 2012
I'll NEVER go back!
This doctor has no regard for the time of his patients. I took an entire day of of work to ensure that I could be seen by this doctor and after waiting an hour and 15 minutes, I finally got approx. 5 minutes face time with this physician. After today's experience (1/18) I am now looking for a new specialist! I've been seeing this doctor for over a year and have yet to be clearly diagnosed with ANYTHING. Writing prescriptions IS NOT a substitute for medical care!

October 28th, 2011
Found him to be attentive, accurate in his diagnosis and his treatment plan. Stronly recommend.