Anesthesiologist, Interventional Pain Management
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patient show details Patient
by BEVERLY A THOMAS on Feb 25th, 2015

I have been visiting Dr. Merritt for 9 yrs now. In the beginning of us getting to know each other as Dr. & Patient; I found him to be very kind and courteous. I highly recommend him to anyone. He shows Excellence in my care. I've only had to speak with him once regarding the time he spent with him seeing how I come from OKC, OK to ALLEN TX for my appts & I have been for almost 5yrs. He now takes his time with me to truly understand my problems & needs. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. I was already diagnosed before recommended by his colleague. He knows the exact treatments that are right for me. I couldn't be happier. HE ALONG WITH DR. HANKS ARE MY ANGEL ADVOCATES. He's HONEST with you & make sure you are on the right track with taking the correct meds. He even walks me out with a greeted hug when I'm finished. I've never found anything rude about him. Now in the past he & his Colleague's had a couple of rude front end staff but they are no longer there. THE ONLY THING I'D LIKE TO SEE CHANGE IS: "DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER THE OFFICE STAFF WILL CALL YOU & LET YOU KNOW THE OFFICE IS CLOSED & IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER STATE HE WOULD MAIL THE SCRIPTS. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE SEEN BUT. IT SURE WOULD HELP ME. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT GOD'S WEATHER. OVERALL I LOVE DR. WESLEY MERRITT. HE'S THE KINDEST PAIN MGMT DR. IN TEXAS.

Ms. show details Ms.
by C.A. Dominguez-Anderson on Aug 20th, 2013

I have been visiting Dr. Merritt for a little over a year, and in that time I have found him to be a very kind and courteous physician with a firm grasp of his chosen field. I would highly recommend him for the effective management of chronic pain due to injury and/or degenerative disease process. He even had options that fit my very tight budget as a single mom with one still in school.

Excellent patient care!! show details Excellent patient care!!
by Peggy Rosenberg on Jul 30th, 2013

I would definitely recommend Dr. Merritt. He takes his time with you to truly understand your problems and needs. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. His diagnosis and treatment were right on. I couldn't be happier!

Walks out the door before your finished show details Walks out the door before your finished
Jun 8th, 2013

Rude Doctor and staff, spends half the appointment back away, with his rear-end out the door. The office closed because of weather and would not do refills over the phone. You had to reschedule your appointment

Great show details Great
Aug 29th, 2012

I have found Dr. Merrit to be caring and thoughtful. He listens and addresses all my concerns. Have been a patient for almost a year and will not change doctors any time soon.

Jun 19th, 2012

Wonderful doctor and gave me plenty of options regarding my back. My Dad goes to this same office and is seen by the other doctor and is very pleased.

I'll NEVER go back! show details I'll NEVER go back!
Jan 18th, 2012

This doctor has no regard for the time of his patients. I took an entire day of of work to ensure that I could be seen by this doctor and after waiting an hour and 15 minutes, I finally got approx. 5 minutes face time with this physician. After today's experience (1/18) I am now looking for a new specialist! I've been seeing this doctor for over a year and have yet to be clearly diagnosed with ANYTHING. Writing prescriptions IS NOT a substitute for medical care!

Oct 28th, 2011

Found him to be attentive, accurate in his diagnosis and his treatment plan. Stronly recommend.

Patient Care and consideration show details Patient Care and consideration
Oct 8th, 2011

Dr Merritt is kind and personalbe. He has been up front with me and has carefully explored all areas to help manage my back pain, which is due to herniated disk L4-L5 pinching nerve. He won't force you to have surger, if not really necessary. He wants patient to work at improving their health in addition to his procedures. Encourages life style changes.

Beware show details Beware
May 12th, 2011

Misdiagnosed and did'nt follow up when he said he would. Other Doctors I told could not believe his incompetence. Young and inexperienced. Lab charges were 3248.30, not sure what it all was for?

May 5th, 2011

Dr. Merritt was short, rude, and extremely arrogant

CAUTION show details CAUTION
Apr 1st, 2011

This office will send any labortory testing to an outside (Non-Network)laboratory without your knowledge. You will get a big surprise in your mailbox for a bill for $2892.98...yes that is for ONE lab test. Be ware!!!!!

Oct 24th, 2010

Odd personality. If you disagree with him, it angers him. Don't forget he is the doctor he knows more than you - even tho it is your body.

Jun 3rd, 2010

Very smart & well educated

A Doc that I can trust...finally! show details A Doc that I can trust...finally!
by Laura A. on May 25th, 2010

Having chronic pain issues & have used several pain management doctors (incl. one that almost killed me & I found myself in drug rehab-> one of the MOST HORRIBLE experiences of my life), I can atest that Dr. Merritt is one that REALLY DOES care and just doesn't pull out his prescription pad and send you on your way.He's up to date on new procedures, medicines and the kind of care that his patients need. After being his patient for a few years, along with my Mother, he has proven time & time again that he sees each patient as an individual, assessing you EACH TIME you go for an office visit.Unlike many doctors, he sees his patients as a whole, considering your other medicines & issues that might be going on, along with the medicines and treatments he is prescribing.

Mar 8th, 2010

Awesome... easy to talk to and understands