Dr. Whitney Shoemaker DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 17th, 2017
I guess she was ok?
She was my Gyno when she was here in PA and went by her married name Pollock. I didn't have any problems with her but I was rather confused when I found out she no longer had a practice here. She should have called her patients or sent out letters or something when she closed up shop, moved and sent all our medical records elsewhere.

June 16th, 2015
Whitney, I miss you!
truly an amazing dr, Whitney removed cysts from my ovaries when I was 17 years old and she made my surgery priority due to the size of my cysts and the pain I was in. she was amazing with me. it breaks my heart that she's no longer around where I live because now I'm 23 years old and my cysts came back, along with endometriosis and the care I received this time made me wish so badly I had doctor polluck back. it's so sad that not to many doctors actually do what they do for their patients, but Whitney is 100% an amazing, loving caring doctor and I personally miss her so much. she was only my obgyn, not a personal friend or anything. I've been trying to find a way to contact her, just to talk to her but I haven't figured out how yet. dr. Whitney polluck is the most amazing doctor I've ever met.

March 10th, 2015
She is an absolutely despicable disgrace to her profession. She pushed patients toward a procedure which she just happened to be a paid spokesperson of the products involved. She vaguely informed patients of the overall risk to themselves & their possibly unborn children. She then bailed on her patients without notice & ran off to another state. At that time she illegally forwarded her patient's records, without their permission, to another gynecologist in Reading, PA. That office refuses to acknowledge having such records.

December 15th, 2014
Beware of this physician, she cant remember procedures done on you. Doesn't remember if she even spoke to you or makes up ridiculous stories about your family calling her and being good friends.....Leaves her practice after a law suit she made the paper about......Run

October 13th, 2013
Miscoded charges; won't change
I went to Dr. Pollock's office for a routine annual exam, which is covered 100 percent by my insurance. I was asked to pay a co-pay upon arrival. When I explained my insurance coverage to the receptionist, she said, "But it says $45 copay right here on your insurance card." I repeated my insurance company's coverage (which I've used for several years) and told her to submit any bills to my insurance. Several weeks later, I received a bill for $45. When I called to ask why, I was told I was charged for an office visit because I'm a new patient. I again explained my insurance company's policy (an insurance company rep even explained it to them to no avail); however, the woman in Dr. Pollock's office insisted it's their policy to charge new patients a co-pay. At some point, someone from Dr. Pollock's office told my insurance company rep I was charged for an office visit because there was a diagnosis, which the rep and I agree is something that is covered by annual exams. I'm beginning to think they charge copays for new patients because that's the only patients they have. I'll not go back and I will continue to fight this charge.

September 12th, 2013
I am in serious debt because of a simple swab.
She said I am going to take a swab. She didn't tell me that the testing was going to be almost $1000 insurance only covered part. The antibiotics she gave me made me feel ill and I called to ask about it. She actually asked me if I was ingesting a vaginal antibiotic. Ummm...hello I am not an idiot. Also got an "overdue" bill, I never got a first bill. It is total crap and I would not recommend her to anyone else. Don't go to this doctor unless you have alot of money to blow, excellent insurance, and won't mind being treated like an idiot if you ask a question.

September 9th, 2013
condescending
I was surprised at her condescending attitude when I asked her a question. I had asked questions that she answered happily, but when I questioned her opinion on a procedure she got kind of cocky with a "you should just trust me" kind of attitude. She is a bit full of herself, which can be seen around the office in huge photographs of her and her family hanging on the walls, at first its cute, then it becomes a bit creepy. Other than the photos the office is very nice. They have a beverage machine, some m&m's and some dollar store cookies for you while you wait for your sarcasm, and the girls in the office are nice and friendly, this is wonderful, but no cup of hot cocoa will compensate for respect. I decided to switch, and I called A Woman's Center in Palo Alto and I now go there and I am happy. They have no hot cocoa, in fact the office is in need of some sprucing to say the least, but the lack of décor is compensated by the professionalism and respect I get there.

March 29th, 2013
Unprofessional
I had testing done on Dec 17 and didn't receive the results until Jan 5th saying I had an infection and needed antibiotics.

May 10th, 2012
Caring and patient with her patients!
Excellent bedside manner especially with elderly patients like my mother.

January 12th, 2012
Teresa
A very kind and compassionate doctor who is also highly knowledgeable in her field and you can completely confide in her. The area can be proud to have her practicing there.

November 14th, 2011
Great Dr. and great team!
I recently had outpatient surgery performed by Dr. Pollock. She was informative, compassionate and reassuring.She called me at home the next day to see how I was doing and has repeatedly told me to call her if I have any questions. All of her staff have been professional, helpful and friend. She has a great PA Bernadette who is also very knowledgeable. The young woman who draws blood is amazing...no pain, no bruise and extremely competent. The office is soothing and welcoming. I would recommend her to anyone.

May 24th, 2011
This is the best office I have ever been to! I love Bernadette the PA. She is super nice and so knowledgeable.