Overall Review

March 30th, 2015
Wouldn't go anywhere else
I'm 70y/o and have had basal and squamous cell carcinomas and one malignant melanoma. Dr. Liem is my guardian angel. I wouldn't think of seeing anyone else. Every 3 months, I fly 3600 mi for an appointment to see her.

October 16th, 2013
I went to see Dr Liem today for a couple of concerns I had with my skin plus an overall yearly skin check. Oh my goodness, what a disappointing experience. I was taken to an exam room by a very nice nurse who spent time speaking with me about my concerns. She was the only positive in my experience. As she exited the room she asked that I take off my clothes and put on a gown. About 30 seconds in I had just taken off my blouse when in whisks Dr. Liem. In my experience most doctors knock lightly on the door before entering. Not Dr. Liem. She was in like a whirl wind. Seeing that I had not even gotten into the gown provided me she said "oh sorry" but didn't exit the room to let me get in the gown. Instead she hurriedly said "what is going on" I started to explain one of my concerns when she said "are you going to take off your pants" Goodness. So rude. So I took off my pants and just stood there in my bra and panties with no gown on. She abruptly said "sit down" pointing to the exam bench. She then grabbed the gown and threw it at me to cover a little bit. When I mentioned a concern on my elbow she rapidly said "is this it" When I wasn't sure that she was seeing the same area I was concerned about she said "no problem here. Now lay down face up on the table" I did. She very, very briefly examined me and then said "roll over and can I undo your bra strap'" I said yes. She again very, very briefly examined me and then said "ok get up" I asked her if she could redo my bra strap before I sat up. She did. I had a couple of questions about changes in my skin and what to look out for as skin cancer runs in my family. She could barely breathe before she gave me some sort of answer, exited the room saying get a skin check once a year and was gone. I go to the Derm Doctor once a year for an exam. Unfortunately, the one I love stopped being an in network provider for me. However, I will pay whatever out of network costs I need to before ever subjecting myself to such a horrible doctor as Dr. Liem. Her profile on the Orange office website mentions such wonderful things like she is Stanford educated, on the board of local hospitals, educates others. I'm sure she knows her stuff, However, if you want someone with bedside manner, someone you can actually speak with and will take even a breathe of her time to answer you, and someone you feel like really gave you a good exam this is not the doctor. I think she might have been in the room 5-7 minutes for a full cancer screen. Please do yourself a favor...... if you get my drift.