Dr. Willem Nel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 21st, 2016
Dr. Nel, is the best Dr I've ever had the Privilege of seeing.

March 5th, 2016
Great Experience
My neurosurgeon recommended Dr. Nel. I was apprehensive about seeing a pain management doctor, but I had no fears after being at his office. I am improving!

December 21st, 2015
I was not warned of possible side effects. In addition to worsening my chronic depression, I developed bleeding ulcers and an incidence of colitis, all of which are mentioned at online sites as possible side effects.

September 18th, 2015
A Great Doctor Who Cares About His P)atients
I have been seeing Dr. Nel for the past 4 years. He is very knowledgeable understanding and attentive with his patients.

April 22nd, 2015
Excellent care!!!

February 20th, 2015
Most excellent service for my extremely complicated case.

April 10th, 2012
Very positive experience!!!
I recently became a new patient of Dr Nel after my PCP referred me to him for my chronic pain. I've had a very positive experience since the very first call I made to his office. The office girls were so polite and helpful in scheduling my appt making sure to scheudle me at the office nearest my home to make it more convenient for me. I did wait a bit to see him at my appt but he we was well worth the wait. He spent more than ample time with me and addressed all my concerns and questions. The office staff was once again polite and pleasant and the office in Tampa was extremly clean and well kept. I commend the office manager for running a wonderful practice. This practice is undoubtedly one of the very few legitimate pain offices left in the Tampa bay area. I would recommend Dr Nel to my closest friends and family members.

January 20th, 2012
Dr. Nel is terrific
Dr. Nel is a very caring doctor. Yes, sometimes you may have to wait a bit at your appt, but that is simply because he takes the time you need to help you. Each patient is important to him and he doesn't rush you out the door if you have new or additional problems. This man always works through lunch and is always on the go. His office has always managed to fit me in at the last minute when a new problem creeps up. His office staff and very busy and caring as well. Danielle is always on the ball, cheerful and happy to help. I have personally seen patients of theirs, cranky and miserable because they are in pain... She always manages to smile and treat them gently and courteously, no matter how nasty they may be to her. They are in a difficult business with patients in lots of pain.. And they always manage to be professional, caring and thorough. I've been seeing Dr Nel for almost 2 years and I can say that he gave me my life back! Also, regarding the other comment from the one that said he is money hungry... Nothing can be further from the truth! In my case Dr Nel is always concerned about the costs of service and works hard with my INS co to keep my costs down as low as possible. He's terrific and so is his staff!

March 2nd, 2010
this doctor is a money hungry.he gets everypatient to do neurve block thing more than 4-6 time .none of the doctors that i saw preffered injection for me .this guy wanted me to do 5 injections .my hand got worst from the first injection. i know he did so many wrong thing so my auto insurance keeps paying this business man.

December 1st, 2009
Dr. Nel is a gift from God! I have RSD and Dr. Nel at any time when I call, will stop what he is doing to schedule me in.. either have injections etc. It was Dr. Nel who felt strongly about an MRI of my C5-C6.. Pressed forward to nuero surgeon who was stand-off'ish and proved that the surgery would help me to walk being as that my ability to walk was becoming difficult. Dr. Nel showed up to the surgery, and proved case in point. My life is back!