Dr. Willem Vanheeckeren MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Mentor, OH

3.9

April 16th, 2012
Great
Dr. Van Heeckeren has been straight forward and honest with my diagnosis from the start. Treatment began quickly and he continues to review the situation each treatment date. I'm very happy we were sent to him. His staff is great as well.

October 17th, 2011
Dr. Van Heeckeren is a great doctor. He cares about his patients as well as the family. My husband is his patient. Dr. Van Heeckeren has always been upfront with us on what to expect. He takes time to ensure all of our questions are answered and that we understand the answer. He never rushes us out. I too can't believe his ratings are not much higher on this site. He truly is one of those doctors that still cares.

August 29th, 2011
Very Pleased
I cannot say enough about Dr Van Heeckeren.This has been the most challenging time of my mom's life. When reading Dr Van Heeckeren's ratings on this site, I am suprised to see any of the ratings fall below a 3. As far as bed side manners go ..... I have no complaints about how he sends his message, when dealing with a terminal decease, the truth sometimes hurts and he must tell you the information you do not want to hear.The one thing I do like about him is he places the desire to continue treatments with the patient. He does not seem to believe in continuing treatment just to continue treatments .... he believes in the quality of life of his patients.

August 11th, 2010
bed-side manner???
i feel that dr. van heeckeren and his nurse treated my father like a number. scans were ordered, and a call had to be made to get results. did a chest x-ray and 10 days later, find out my father has pneumonia per the x-rays. turns to us and says "did i prescribe you an antibiotic?" no...and we had to call for results. connie tells us there was nothing found...?????