Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  inaccessible doctor  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Brown's assistant, Bianca, was identical to Mr. Tessman's. I was told Dr. Brown was too busy to talk to me about my upcoming surgery, that I should have asked my questions during the initial visit, and that the only way I could voice my concerns with him was if I made another appointment!! Too busy for a phone call but, not too busy for an appt.!? Bianca said she would give Dr. Brown my message. He never did call but, 22 days later, she called back asking if Dr. Brown had ever called me. I told her she was a little late because during those 22 days, I had visited another surgeon (one NOT too busy to talk to me), had had the surgery, and was a week post -op already! Dr. Brown may be an excellent surgeon but, the surgeon I chose was not only a good surgeon but, a good doctor as well.

|  Difficult medical assistant  |  show details
by Henry Tessman on Mar 25th, 2014

Very curt, brisk & rude medical assistant, Blanca. Impossible to express concerns or problems to her & impossible to reach the doctor directly. Surgeon seems competent but she makes the experience very unpleasant. Unbelievable people can talk with patients in this manner.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Shelby on Mar 25th, 2013

I would recommend this doctor to anyone needing colon or rectal surgery. Not only is he a great surgeon but he is a great person. He took the time to explain everything to me about the surgery and what to expect.While I was in the hospital he came to my room everyday to check on my progress. At my follow up appointment he spent over an hour talking about not only my surgery but he cared to ask how I was feeling and adjusting after the procedure. After leaving the appointment I felt confident that I had a great doctor to call on if I had a problem healing.

|  He is the best.  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I had my first surgery in 2011 and the last one this year 2012. Because of his skills and expertise I am now back in good health. I would recommend him to all of my friends.

|  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

I will never use this doctor again. I will tell all friends to stay away. This is a not who you want to use.