inactive

William A Mitchell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 10th, 2016
I would never recommend this physician
If you make the mistake of going to him, please be sure to seek a second opinion if he recommends surgery. I would never, ever recommend this physician to anyone. From his rude office staff to his unpleasant demeanor, he is definitely a physician to avoid.

April 27th, 2015
Effective Medical Treatment
I went to see Dr. Mitchell when another physician recommended total joint replacement. He suggested another treatment and I am on the road to recovery to a life without pain and greater mobility. I like his demeanor and depth of expertise. He is no nonsense and business like in our dealings which I appreciate.

March 23rd, 2015
DR Mitchell saved my leg from being totally crippled to being able to do the things I enjoy, skiing, biking, hiking, where as I may have been more confined without his genius approach to my shattered leg.

July 28th, 2014
Dr. Mitchell has treated me for several conditions over the last twenty years. He is able to tailor the right treatment for the condition. In my case, he recommended and "installed" a patello-femoral joint resurfacing (pfjr). Another surgeon had recommended a total knee replacement. The recovery time for the pfjr was a week. I am doing great, five years post-surgery. Dr. Mitchell is prudent and wise. He helped me in a time of great difficulty and pain. I would completely recommend him. P.S. - that is not his picture in his profile.....

October 14th, 2010
Dr. Mitchell is too busy!
Dr. Mitchell (and his staff) was simply too busy to accurately treat a non union in my leg. I had to endure several surgeries that lead to more surgeries because he could not keep track of his own treatment. I honestly feel as though he caused me permanent damage, and I am forced to walk with a limp and chronic pain because he didn't take the time needed to treat me properly. VERY, VERY, nice man, just not able to handle complex injuries and surgery. I cannot recommend Dr. Mitchell.

April 28th, 2010
this guy is awesome
Great surgeon, great bedside manner. Very prudent in his judgement. I have been a patient of his for many years, and he is a real find!!!