A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Shell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Shell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Shell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shell graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shell has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center Inc
- Centennial Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William A Shell MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. William A. Shell practice?
- Dr. William Shell has 6 office locations.
Dr. William Shell practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Nashville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Russellville, KY and Cookeville, TN.
See Nashville Orthopedic Surgeons.