Overall Review

May 27th, 2016
A patient since 2000. Highly recommend. TAKES TIME WITH A PATIENT. The wait time can be rather long.That is worth it,because he is very important to spend time with me,when seen.I older now,16 years later.I go when I need to .I am PERMANTLY wheelchair bound and getting difficult for me to sit that long waiting.I have no problems with staff.I always receive my print out of the days summary i just visited. I choose not under Medicare option to share information. Unless I give permission. DR.WILLIAM ALVAREZ, has been excellent as to understanding when i need home care.Which I contribute to my over all good health.He will refer me to specialist dr. If needed, like a Dermatologist, Diabetic Foot Dr., if comes up an needed.He is great at suggesting certain OTC supplements,like CO -10, He tested me when i asked for vitamin d deficiency. O my gosh it came back so low like 30. Normal begins at 100. And goes up to 500 or higher. After many yrs,,I have gotten excellent care from my primary Dr.The staff is understanding,it takes me 3 hours to get ready to go anywhere,and they let me have afternoon apointments.Everyone,i have recommended to my Dr is still with him today. He goes that extra mile, as saying goes,to do the paperwork to send in authorization to my insurance co.to get brand certain drugs.He has had to do yr after yr.Now,finnally my part D drug insurance sent me a letter that my certain medicine is authorized, with out prior written approval.Been on it most of life and may be a benifit of staying with the same dr. Which i do with all my dr.By my age,pretty know my conditions. About time,i make an appointment soon.Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend to all the staff and Dr. Sandra age almost 68 and a half! God is good to me.I pray for all my Doctors.

February 7th, 2014
Worst office staff ever
Doctor's schedule is never adhered to; there is an overbooking problem; wait time has exceeded 2 hours. Once I was 3 minutes late for an appointment , I waited as those before me were called. Finally, there was no one left in the office but me and another patient walked in. He said he was on time for his appointment and the office staff out him in front of me. I explained I was there for over two hours and the office staff member said I'd have to wait because I was late for my appointment. If the doctor was not so knowledgeable I would switch but the office staff is intolerable.

August 6th, 2013
Nice Doctor....but....
the worst thing the wait which always seems to be a very long time. Though once you get to see him, he will spend that time with you. Unfortunately I feel his staff doesn't get messages to him in a timely manner. So rarely do you get a follow up call to a question. He has a very large Spanish speaking cliental so even his staff tend to speak to each other in Spanish which feels a tad weird. I have to wonder where I am at times. still I Like the Doctor. He is open to holistic approaches and does listen to you.

December 5th, 2011
Doesnt Follow Up
If your looking for a place to sit around and wait 2 or 3 hours than this is the place for you. I went in for an apointment and it too over 2 hours. After waiting in the office for over an hour they put me in a room where I waited almost another hour. The doctor doesnt seem to listen and just sits there and writes and types on the computer. He never even looked at me the whole time. He perscribed meds and when I asked the pharmacy about the drug it was a new drug and was only recently fda approved plus my co payment through insurence was 90 bucks. I went backto tell the office staff that I could not afford this rx and gave them a list from my insurence that would be zero copay. Well that was on a thursday morning. By friday I never heard back so called at the end of the day and got a buch of bla bla bla been busy. After the weekend I waited till later in the day on Monday and called them again. Still all I was told is the dr is bussy and we will call you back. Tuesday afternoon at 4pm I called again and still no answer. So If you want to go to a doctor who is to busy to get back to you than this is the place for you.Oh did I say the office is dirty and noone is friendly.

June 2nd, 2011
In Good Hands
Dr. Alvarez is a consummate professional, efficient and thorough. He leaves no stone unturned and explains everything adequately.

January 21st, 2011
Finally found a Doctor that give a You-Know-What
Spent too much time looking for a physicain who doesnt look at the monitor and click off itema as they ask me questions. Dr. Alvarez will ask a question, actually listen to response, and ask more questions if needed. I will HIGHLY reccommend him to all.

August 4th, 2008
One of the Good Guys
Hello, I have been a patient of Dr. Alvarez for several years now and have recommended several persons to him. You do have to wait a little while in the waiting room, but it is because he is a caring doctor and wants to make sure he spends the appropriate time with you. He is not one of these doctors who just wants to get you in out, so he can make as much money as he can in a day. He will listen to what is wrong with as long as you need him to. I have told everyone that I recommend to be prepared to wait. And they all say that he is certainly worth it. It is very hard these days to find a Doctor who really cares about his patients, but I can say from experience Dr. Alvarez is ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS!!!!!!

February 11th, 2008
Disappointing
During my fist (and last) visit, the waiting time was 2 hours 20 minutes. No one apologized or said "I am sorry". The administrative staff was very unpolite. In addition, the doctor was more focused in selling me his Pro-Biotic products instead of trying to pinpoint where my pain was. Very awful and disappointing experience.