Dr. William Alvarez MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

September 3rd, 2015
Totally forgot about me...
After over a year of trial, error, misinformation etc from other doctors regarding why my liver enzymes were elevated, I was referred to Dr. Alvarez who at first seemed like a boon. He listened to my history, looked at the notes I'd taken (5 months of not drinking, all my enzymes levels, etc) and said it was likely autoimmune. He said he would normally tell me to 'stop drinking for 2 weeks and come in, but since I've done more than that before, he would think o f a course of action and get back to me.' - He never did. I waited a week or so, then sent an in-system email to him asking what our next step was. Neither he nor a nurse ever got back to me. A couple more weeks passed and I called. He forgot completely about our office visit (he only remembered that we both like Prague!) He said "well the first thing to do is stop drinking for two weeks" - I said, "we already discussed that wasn't the issue" to which he rudely responded, "so you don't think you can stop for two weeks then?" - Hello!? He must not even have looked at his notes (which I only saw after finding my own specialist in Milwaukee) that he'd written "auto-immune, maybe autoimmune hepatitis or PBC" - which he never checked out, followed up on, or referred me to anyone else! This is no level of care. This is blatant disregard for a patient.

July 12th, 2015