inactive

William A Ankney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

March 10th, 2016
This physician is the WORST!!!! Zero bed side manners. I had to wait over 2 hours in the ER and when i finally saw him, he blew off my concerns. Upset by my patient treatment, I spoke to a good friend about this man and apparently his personal life is a wreck. This man left his wife and 4 children! 3 were one month triplets at the time! Not only does he treat strangers like garbage, he treats his family like it as well.

April 23rd, 2015
there's always a hidden agenda to not having values
He's definitely not there for the patients it seems. Go in for one thing and he tells me something I already know about which is a bit off topic as far as patients needs go.

October 8th, 2014
ER visit on 10-8-14
I came into Vaca Valley ER in the middle of the night for throwing up the past 2 days due to my first pregnancy. They got me into a room very fast and set up an IV and took blood withing minutes. Shortly after Dr. Ankney came in, listend to how I felt and what was wrong and immediately orderd Zofran to make me feel better. The care was great, the staff was nice, and I left feeling so much better! Thanks so much!

March 30th, 2011
Where's the doctor? I don't see one here.
I was spending the night at Vacavalley hospital with my grandmother who had pneumonia. She stopped breathing during the night and a code blue was immediately called over the loudspeaker. Nurses and respiratory therapists came flooding in the room and began working quickly doing CPR, monitoring her pressure, taking blood, etc. "Where's the doctor?!" I heard someone say. It had been easily 5 minutes since the code was called. (This is a very small hospital) I waited, petrified, outside the room for my mother to come back. She had left a few minutes before. "Where's the Dr?! Where's Dr. Ankney?!" We kept hearing the nurses say. About 7 or 8 minutes after the code blue had been announced over the loudspeaker I saw a man turn the corner and stroll, ever so leisurely, down the hallway toward my grandmother's room. He had a sort of "better than everyone" swagger. When I realized who he was I wanted to scream at him. Not only did he take his precious time responding to the code, but he had the audacity to walk at a snails pace toward my dying Grandmother's room and right past our family. It makes me wonder why this man is a doctor at all. I wouldn't want him on my side, or to ever depend on him again. How would he feel if the doctor who was supposed to save his mother's life took his time showing up? I'm not blaming her death on him, but it would have been nice to have someone with a little compassion. We're sorry to have bothered you, Dr. Ankney. In fact, I hope nobody bothers you ever again.

April 30th, 2009
The most incompetent, rude and sarcastic.

December 4th, 2008
wittness to behavior toward patients and staff
dr ankny was not very friendly toward to staff members of Registration dept. he was rude, madke it very difficult to approach him with a question. I had him tell a patient, "this is not In and Out Burger." I felt that was very unprofessional. He would stand at ER desk and gossip with an ER Tech and cause delay on admit process that would cause Registration to be blamed for patient care delay.