Dr. William Artz DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 17th, 2014
Dr. Artz & associates have been my family Drs for over 30 years. In that office I'm not a number or just the next patient, I'm a person. There is care in their faces, voices, & actions. Thank you for asking.

December 18th, 2009
A Valued Friend In Addition To A Valued Phyisician
Finding a good doctor is incredibly difficult. Finding an exceptional doctor is almost impossible. However, I was fortunate enough to have found the latter after having been introduced into Dr. Artz's care via my father, a longtime patient of Dr. Artz.When one finds an outstanding physician, such as Dr. Artz, one needs to look no further, and one will revolve around him or her, not the insurance plan one carries. This is of course due to the fact that a great physician is indispensable. Whenever I am forced to accept a new insurance policy, whether it is due to a new job or change of insurance plan within my employment, my first concern is whether or not Dr. Artz is capitated to that plan. The first thing I do is search for his name amongst the dozens of physicians listed in the information I am given. Happily, I have yet to come across a provider who does not include Dr. Artz among its ranks. Regardless, however, despite my anticipation of hoping to find Dr. Artz as a participant, ultimately it would make no difference to me: When you find a physician like Dr. Artz, you stick with that physician, as I had mentioned earlier.Truly, I cannot find one fault with this man. My father had always praised him, long before I became a faithful patient. My only regret is that I had not left my prior physician sooner based on my father's appreciation of Dr. Artz. I became a patient of Dr. Artz in 2004, and since then I have been completely sold! If there is a wait (usually there can be a bit of a wait in his Academy Road office as he is in high demand) at his office in Trevose it is never long. If one has a lengthy wait it is only because Dr. Artz allots generous time to each of his patients and their needs, and waiting for a period of time any longer than the usual 5 minutes or so is rare, or so I have found, and I see him approximately 4-5 times a year as necessary for my personal medical treatment. Dr. Artz without fail makes it a point to let me know when I need to come back and see him. Dr. Artz is a physician whom is truly concerned with the well-being of his patients. He makes it a point to discuss any lab work or questions his patients may have in detail, taking the time to answer and explain clearly and patiently. In addition, he is the most personable physician I have ever dealt with. As most physicians do, he has many patients, and so therefore may not remember tedious or trivial discussions one may have had with him during a previous visit, but naturally, this is to be expected. However, it has been my personal experience that not only does he always remember me, but he remembers who I am, meaning, he is immediately familiar with my personality and always treats me more like a friend than a physician. Another matter of importance is that once he looks at your chart (and he ALWAYS goes over one's chart, as should be expected), there is recognition, as he is careful and adept with his note taking.His manner is open, warm, and welcoming. Dr. Artz is a tremendously personable and sympathetic individual, and these are necessary and desirable traits in any medical professional! He will laugh at a joke or an anecdotal personal account which you might relate to him. He smiles often and talks with you, not at you. I am always touting how wonderful he is and how happy (and relieved) I am to have such a wonderful and compassionate personal practitioner. I actually look forward to my visits when they are due as I am very comfortable with him. He treats you as an individual, as opposed to one in many patients he must attend to, when it comes to personal relations. Dr. Artz is an excellent choice if you are in the market for a terrific PCP/GP!