Dr. William Bell MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 29th, 2016
Teresa is Great! But Is it worth the front office abuse and made up no show apot. fees??
Why would a Dr. Put his rude wife at the front desk to deal with already hurting people?? I heard another patient say they just recorded her on video by a waiting patienr giving a woman a very difficult time about a no show appointment back in 2015...I hope they post it! She needs to go! They mess up appointments and want to charge the patients...when I heard her doing that I thought about how many times she has over charged me! The Dr. wife should be reported to someone for getting away with making patients hostage until they pay their made up no show fees!!

April 8th, 2015
Barbara is a cancer that needs to be removed
Barbara is the person there that makes this horrible, very unprofessional, hangs up on you

March 18th, 2015
Great Provider, HORRIBLE Office Staff
My provider, the nurse practitioner, is amazing. She is always very kind and helpful. However, the office staff is unbelievably rude! I cannot understand the treatment I get from them sometimes. They constantly mess up payments and want you to pay things you can later prove you don't owe. They frequently talk down to you. They are even rude on phone calls. I think the main problem is one particular lady that works there, because there is another girl that is always very kind and helpful!

July 28th, 2012
Unprofessional
We were referred to this office and initially felt like Dr. Bell was fine. We appreciated how he would give so many samples from his drug closet. However, his wife, who is part of the office staff, was always rude. She must hate her job. After a few visits, we realized Dr. Bell was not doing anything productive. When I was talking to a friend, she told me that her daughter had seen him also. She reported him to the board because of the horrible things he said to her daughter who is bipolar. We did not return after our bad experience and hearing about others who were disturbed by his medical treatment. After seeing someone else, the glaring inadequacy of Dr. Bell was even greater. Don't subject yourself or your children to the quackery practiced by this "doctor."

May 5th, 2010
Rude Office staff.
I am very pleased to have Dr. Bell as my doctor for over two years now. He is quite friendly and has a delightful sense of humor. However, I absolutely can not stand his office staff. One woman in particular---Shirley. If you call the office and Shirley answers the phone, do yourself a favor and hang up. The tone of her voice alone is unbearable--nails down a chalkboard. Should you decide to talk with her over the phone, be prepared for her to treat you as though you are a child. I don't have the time of day for this woman.

May 27th, 2009
Rating is for Dr. Bell's associate, Lynn Spaw
I don't know what Dr. Bell is like, but if the folks he hires to work in the office with him are any indication, stay away! We went for a visit with Lynn Spaw who works part time at Dr. Bell's and is a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Our visit was to determine if my teenger needed medication to deal with depression issues. Within less than 10 minutes of entering her office, she was telling me what we were doing wrong in our family and what we had to start doing to change our ways. She told me my husband had a lot to do with my child's mental state (when did she meet him? and we never even talked about him during those 10 minutes.) She suggested my teenager leave the counselor we'd been seeing (who has done a great job!) and start seeing someone who did "play therapy". For a teenager?!? Again - all this after about 10 minutes. She was so insensitive to what my child needed that I saw my teen withdraw into a dark hole just by being in the room with this woman. IT WAS AWFUL! So, we walked out of there with a 2 month prescription for Zoloft and have never gone back. Interestingly, no one from the office has ever called to follow up. Funny that they hand out prescriptions and don't bother to check on the patient. I have had conversations since then about this woman. One of the head physologists for the County School System said she is aware of this office and never sends anyone there because of their reputation. Another highly regarded social worker in the area also said they were not the best place to go. How frightening is it that you could turn your child over to these folks? I'll never go back in the building, much less that office. Terrible.

May 4th, 2009
Dr. Bell is a wonderful psychiatrist! Very friendly, thoughtful, doesn't play around with your medications like most doctors (unless you really need it) and he listens to the concerns and opinions of the patient rather than treating the patient like an illness! However, his office staff is rather rude. The only friendly experience I've had with them was when I made my very first appointment with Dr. Bell. From that point on it seems that the rudeness gets worse and worse. Do not expect a reminder call for an upcoming appointment. You may get one, but I doubt it. If you don't get a reminder call and find that you do in fact have an appointment at the last minute...get child care, as his staff were rude to my toddlers. If you need to call them with a question just expect them to MAYBE answer the phone call or voicemails and then expect them to be very, very short and brief.. and maybe hang up before you can say bye. If you have an out of state insurance or any insurance then you should call your insurance ahead of time to confirm how the deductables work for you, or if you even have a deductable for a psychiatrist. Many insurances will not require a deductable if you have a serious mental illness or AXIS 1 illness like bipolar disorder. This may save you the hassle of paying a deductable when you didn't have one in the first place. And it's always best to know anyway because this is a common mistake among doctors offices...it has happened to me more than once. Most insurance companies only have ONE DEDUCTABLE for both health and mental health...check with your isurance! I will continue to see Dr. Bell simply because I believe that aside from his office staff, he's the best psychiatrist I've had. I know my insurance policy and I have learned to expect that the staff really aren't going to change no matter how much I wish they would...so I put up with them because it's worth the hassle. They may not give every patient the problems they have given me, so I just blow it off. Just know that it's worth putting up with them because he really is a great doctor!

May 22nd, 2017