Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
Great pediatrician but HORRIBLE staff.
I have been taking my children to Dr. Johnson for 10+ years. He is a wonderful, wise, intelligent man who has always taken the time to put me and, most importantly, my kids at ease. But his receptionist is hands down, by far, the rudest person I have ever met. Like I stated, I've been going there a long time. Alot longer than before she even arrived. And as much as I trust Dr. Johnson and value his expertise because he has never been wrong with a diagnosis, I seriously can NOT deal with her anymore. I've never met such a miserable, hateful, vile person as her, and I get along with everybody. The wait times are also pretty long when you are in the office, but that's because Dr. Johnson gives so much time to each patient, so I can reconcile that drawback. But his staff, even his nurses now, have me raising the white flag. It's not worth it. I can find quality care somewhere else and not be treated like I'm a nuisance because you have to do your job and address me and check in my child when we arrive. Sad. Ridiculous, and sad.

November 3rd, 2015
Excellent Doctor, great with children

December 28th, 2011
Dr. Johnson is excellent with my girls he plays with them and gives them time to warm up to him and he is always accommodating. There maybe alittle of a wait but it's because he spends time answering all questions and making sure the parent is happy before he leaves the room. I love my daughters new doc I would recommend him to everyone!

November 28th, 2011
Depends on the day
First let me say the staff is better now than they were a year ago. They must have read some of the complaints here. Overall he is a very nice, likeable person, and he is as good as most. But there are days when he just doesn't seem to be able to diagonis a problem, seems overwhelmed and forgets basic things like looking in nose, ears, mouth and listening to heart and lungs (which is especially weird when the complain in respiratory). Then when you return with the same complaint a few days later, he will order batteries of tests that show if he'd been a bit more aggressive to begin with medication wise my child would not have gotten worse. At any rate, he's probably an average pediatrician if you are a diligent parent. Make sure that he understands what your complaints are and that he addresses them with you and discusses which medications and the reasons for using them versus another.

April 28th, 2011
Office Staff
Dr. Johnson is a good doctor but his office staff is TERRIBLE!!! Don't go to this office if you are looking for good customer service and people skills. His nurse acts like she really hates her job. Working with kids takes EXTRA sweetness and kindness which she is definitely lacking.

January 14th, 2011
Don't waste your time
When my son was 10 months old, he got his first ear infection. We had the first appt. of the day -- at 9 a.m. -- and, when we arrived at 8:45, we were greeted rudely by the front desk staff who stated, "Your appointment isn't until 9." Obviously, I was aware of that fact, but we had arrived a bit early -- what's the big deal? When we were called back to the room by the nurse shortly after 9, we had to wait over an hour for Dr. Johnson. When he entered the room, my son was screaming because he was not feeling well and we had been waiting so long and I was perturbed by the long wait, as well. Seeing my displeasure with him, Dr. Johnson had the nerve to say, "Looks like someone had a rough night." Rough night?!? I had a 10 month old, we were waiting forever and it was morning nap time for my kid. Don't waste your time with this guy -- he has very little regard for his patients and is the reason we left Pratt.

October 21st, 2010
Old school Dr.
Dr.Johnson treated my sons nicely, gave an accurate diagnosis and asked all my questions. Dr.Johnson also called me back after I left the message with the nurse. I am happy with my son's new pediatrician.

June 27th, 2009
He was excellent with my daughter. He even followed up with her at home when she had pneumonia. You could see that he cares very much for his patients. I recommend him wholeheartedly.